Immigration Bars Australian From Entering Rp

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Libanan said that the order to blacklist Julian Simone was based on the complaint filed by Loreto Trocio and his wife Marilou before the Department of Foreign Affairs.DFA Assistant Secretary Renato Villapando told the BI that a foreign service circular was sent out to all Philippine missions abroad with the instruction not to issue any visa to Simone.In a statement, the BI said that the foreigner fell into the category of undesirable alien after the couple complained of unjust labor practices against him. Simone was their former employer who allegedly forced them to work long hours in his hotel in Australia and given low salaryLink to the whole storyNow it seems that even what you get accused of doing back in your home country can get you banned from entry into the Philippines.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Libanan said that the order to blacklist Julian Simone was based on the complaint filed by Loreto Trocio and his wife Marilou before the Department of Foreign Affairs.DFA Assistant Secretary Renato Villapando told the BI that a foreign service circular was sent out to all Philippine missions abroad with the instruction not to issue any visa to Simone.In a statement, the BI said that the foreigner fell into the category of undesirable alien after the couple complained of unjust labor practices against him. Simone was their former employer who allegedly forced them to work long hours in his hotel in Australia and given low salaryLink to the whole storyNow it seems that even what you get accused of doing back in your home country can get you banned from entry into the Philippines.
That Stinkswhy should a complaint to a Philippines Consulate be grounds to not enter a country,normally a complaint against an employer would be taken to work place health and safety or the industrial commission or some where but these people just made accusations and we don't know if there is any proof of what they are saying.We don't know if any charges have been laid or inquiry's have been made to check their story.As this is a news story the facts might have gone out to sea to make all foreigners look bad as usual.I will try to find out some more. :Policeman:

softail
Posted
Posted (edited)

"They claimed that Simone obliged them to work from 7 a.m. up to 8 p.m., and sometimes extending up to 10 p.m. without receiving any overtime pay. They were only paid A$11 an hour vis-à-vis the prevailing rate of A$18 to A$20 per hour.They were also reportedly ordered to work even during weekends.They were not given free accommodation and were instead charged with A$48 a week for their room.""Quote"They sound like whiners to me. My sons are in the hotel industry and very few positions pay $18 to $20 an hour and for sure nobody is given free accommodations. Heaven forbid, work weekends in the hotel industry? you gotta be kidding. Dose sound like the hours we a little long tho.Doug and Sally

Edited by softail

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
"They claimed that Simone obliged them to work from 7 a.m. up to 8 p.m., and sometimes extending up to 10 p.m. without receiving any overtime pay. They were only paid A$11 an hour vis-à-vis the prevailing rate of A$18 to A$20 per hour.They were also reportedly ordered to work even during weekends.They were not given free accommodation and were instead charged with A$48 a week for their room.""Quote"They sound like whiners to me. My sons are in the hotel industry and very few positions pay $18 to $20 an hour and for sure nobody is given free accommodations. Heaven forbid, work weekends in the hotel industry? you gotta be kidding. Dose sound like the hours we a little long tho.Doug and Sally
Sounds to me that they were working as managers for a Motel,many years ago my first wife and I were going to manage a Motel for someone and the job is a package deal where the accommodation is a house attached to the front office,the wages were a bit lower but all expense paid including food, electricity etc,yes the hours are long but within the industry standard which basically meant that in the quiet afternoons only one of us would have to be on site and relief manages would come in on so may weekends of the year.$18 to $20 an hour is about right for lower paid jobs in Australia