Filing Of Your U.s. Annual Income Tax While In The Rp

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

I been using "Turbo Tax" on-line for the past 10 years. It's easy and fast to file electronically after filling out their questionnaire in 30 to 45 minutes from start to finish! And your refunds if any are direct deposited after 14 days of filing on-line! You can also pay any due taxes you may owe IRS via "Turbo Tax" on-line too! We're exempted from paying California State tax this year since we've been out of the U.S. the entire year of 2008. And we don't own a home or have any taxable assets in the U.S.! We just use the 1040 Short Form since we have nothing to itemize or claim! Really makes it easy to fill out the forms and don't have to worry about IRS auditing us later! What can be red flagged on a Short Form filing? None I can think of and none has happened in the past 10 years of our filing! And I also get all of my Form 1099R on-line! Makes everything so easy and convenient!http://www.turbotax....Code=4515900000

Edited by Art & Jho
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
I been using "Turbo Tax" on-line for the past 10 years. It's easy and fast to file electronically after filling out their questionnaire in 30 to 45 minutes from start to finish! And your refunds if any are direct deposited after 14 days of filing on-line! You can also pay any due taxes you may owe IRS via "Turbo Tax" on-line too! We're exempted from paying California State tax this year since we've been out of the U.S. the entire year of 2008. And we don't own a home or have any taxable assets in the U.S.! We just use the 1040 Short Form since we have nothing to itemize or claim! Really makes it easy to fill out the forms and don't have to worry about IRS auditing us later! What can be red flagged on a Short Form filing? None I can think of and none has happened in the past 10 years of our filing! And I also get all of my Form 1099R on-line! Makes everything so easy and convenient!http://www.turbotax....Code=4515900000
Hello again everyone!Well, I just finished doing my 2009 income tax using the "Turbo Tax" website again and it only took me 45 minutes to do from start to finish! Since my tax bracket has doubled due to my military pension I started receiving last year, I will be owing Federal some money! And none to State since we lived outside of the U.S. the entire year of 2008. I only used the simple 1040 tax form since we had nothing to itemized, no exemptions or claims of any kind. Anyway, we're good for another year! Have a good day all!:thumbs-up-smile:

TheMason
Posted
Posted

I usually use Turbo Tax desktop version. Last year, I had to file by paper because I had to apply for an ITIN for my wife. I plan on using Turbo Tax desktop version to file again this year. I worked for Intuit for years, so I'm hoping I can leverage some of my contacts for a freebie. :thumbs-up-smile:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
I usually use Turbo Tax desktop version. Last year, I had to file by paper because I had to apply for an ITIN for my wife. I plan on using Turbo Tax desktop version to file again this year. I worked for Intuit for years, so I'm hoping I can leverage some of my contacts for a freebie. :thumbs-up-smile:
Yes, I'm very satisfied with using Turbo Tax and have been for 10 years now! Since my filing, using only the simple 1040 form sure makes it easy to E-file our joint annual income tax every year without any complicated issues, because it's pretty cut and dry in our case with nothing to itemize or declare! I would recommend to anyone to use Turbo Tax, but some may find it expensive if they have a complicated tax issues due to large sums of taxable income and or properties. Anyway, good luck on your tax filing for 2009!

volstateguy
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm not in Phils, but I am outta the US....I've been using Taxslayer for the last 3 years. They have a free online version that's easy to use. I filed on Jan 15th and received my refund via bank deposit this morning...and promptly got moved into my Cebu vacation fund thumbs-up-smile.gif

Edited by volstateguy
  • Like 1