Rice

manabouttown
Posted
Posted

Heh heh,there must be a method to this madness,why do I see the Filipinos running their hands through the rice in the supermarkets,how do they know which rice is better. I have been tempted to ask them but decide to mind my own business,good thing the rice gets a good clean in the cooking process.I just love it here,its so intriguing watching another culture. :Policeman:

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Heh heh,there must be a method to this madness,why do I see the Filipinos running their hands through the rice in the supermarkets,how do they know which rice is better. I have been tempted to ask them but decide to mind my own business,good thing the rice gets a good clean in the cooking process.I just love it here,its so intriguing watching another culture. :thumbs-up-smile: As for the rice,damn rice all look the same to me. :lol:
I wouldn't count on the cooking process cleaning the rice for you. You should definitely rinse the rice thoroughly before you cook it. When I buy rice from the bulk bins, I always run my hands through it to determine texture, color, and uniformity of grain size. Poorly milled rice will have a more brownish color and lots of broken grains. Quality rice is smooth and white with few broken grains.We normally spring for the extra 20p per kilo and buy the prepackaged Japanese rice (milaposa variety, or something like that).