Phone Calls, What Is Local And Free And What Is Not

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I have a question that I have been wondering about. Our home phone service in our Cebu City condo is with PLDT and they say that it is free to call anywhere on Cebu, so my question is, is it still free if we call say Globe home phones on Cebu? In other words do the different phone companies work with each other and not charge for calls in the same basic area?

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I have a question that I have been wondering about. Our home phone service in our Cebu City condo is with PLDT and they say that it is free to call anywhere on Cebu, so my question is, is it still free if we call say Globe home phones on Cebu? In other words do the different phone companies work with each other and not charge for calls in the same basic area?
We use PLDT in Manila and the free local calls applies to all landlines, regardless of the provider. I'm not sure exactly what constitutes 'local' since Manila is so big, but I think its all the cities that make up the NCR.

• 2 years later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

recently there was a news story about this, that in some areas if you called your neighbor

and they used another carrier(pldt- globe or sun), it was LONG DISTANCE

but if the used the Same (pldt-pldt) or (sun-sun) then it was an local call ,

about Metro manila as long as its in the same Area Code (2). it is an LOCAL CAll

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

From my research I have found that it depends on where you live, who the companies are and if you are using a land-line or cell. There are too many variables to go into here but all 3 variables can and often come into play - it's just not always the same for everybody!