Arkansas Children's Hospital Toy Drive

AngelofBroden
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am hosting a "Bentley the Bear" toy drive in conjunction with Avon Products to benefit the children of Arkansas Children's Hospital. Each plush bear costs $19.99.Purchased bears and profits will be donated to the ACH Foundation. The toys will be given out to patients in time for Christmas. Please help me put smiles on some of the over 200,000 patients of ACH this Christmas. Donate to buy one or more toys. The more you buy the more children we can make happy this Christmas season. Please help! Event runs until November 22, 2008.For more information please PM me or email me at candidlaine@yahoo.com. You may call or email ACH Foundation to verify this event: Jennifer J. Forrest, Sr. Community Development Coordinator at (1-501) 364 5307, achfdn@archildrens.org. Checks are accepted or can be made through PayPal to the above email address.

Edited by AngelofBroden

broden
Posted
Posted

my wife was at best half awake when he posted ... she got up in the middle of the night just to post then back to bed then back up for work and school today ... anyway just to clarify for her ... any amount anyone would want to donate is great .. you don't even have to pay for a whole bear .. any amount at all ... her email if you want to use paypal is candidlaine@yahoo.com and the biggie ... here's a picture of Bentleymed_gallery_204_6_60903.jpg

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I am hosting a "Bentley the Bear" toy drive in conjunction with Avon Products to benefit the children of Arkansas Children's Hospital. Each plush bear costs $19.99.Purchased bears and profits will be donated to the ACH Foundation. The toys will be given out to patients in time for Christmas. Please help me put smiles on some of the over 200,000 patients of ACH this Christmas. Donate to buy one or more toys. The more you buy the more children we can make happy this Christmas season. Please help! Event runs until November 22, 2008.For more information please PM me or email me at candidlaine@yahoo.com. You may call or email ACH Foundation to verify this event: Jennifer J. Forrest, Sr. Community Development Coordinator at (1-501) 364 5307, achfdn@archildrens.org. Checks are accepted or can be made through PayPal to the above email address.

Please either post a mailing address to mail checks to and what the checks should be made out to, or if you do not wish to post the address, send it by pm to me and I will be sending some money your way.

AngelofBroden
Posted
Posted

Mr. Lee,Thank you so much :lol: I emailed you the info you need...Best regards..

AngelofBroden
Posted
Posted

Mr. and Mrs. Lee, I got your check today :thumbsup: Thank you so much. Your very generous donation helps move this charity forward :thumbsup: I already got partial delivery of the bears and I am hoping to receive more help to be able to order at least 50 more of the toy. I'm still hoping for at least 100 :cheers: in all.. So please, other members... help! It may not help feed the kids or give them something lasting to hold on to, but the toys are going to make them smile and maybe forget that they are ill. I think that is something.. 11_12_14[1].gifAnyways I had to tape back the box the bears came in (had to make sure I got the correct quantity and that all bears are in good shape) before my son saw it, hahah!

• 5 weeks later...
AngelofBroden
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone :th_signs083: It's been a while since my last visit. I've been kept busy with school and trying to wrap up the charity. I would like to thank everyone who helped me with the toy drive. I deeply appreciate your help and generosity. I was able to gather enough money for 100 bears which I will turn over to the hospital on the 13th along with my personal cash donation. Thank you so much everyone... and I see Christmas is here in the forum already, very nice layout.. love it :D I will be posting a list of donors on my webpage as soon as I get the donors' permission.Happy Holidays!

• 1 month later...
AngelofBroden
Posted
Posted (edited)

The bears were given to Arkansas Children's Hospital on Dec. 13, 2008. In the picture is a member of the hospital's Child Life Department. My apoligies if I just now updated you guys of the culmination of the charity. I was waiting for ACH's community coordinator, Jennifer Forrest, to email me a picture of the bears being distributed to the patients. It is however against the patient's privacy rights to post their pictures so she had a mamber of the Child Life team hold up one for posterity. post-265-1231466738_thumb.jpg I collected a total of $1,500.00 for the event and put in some money myself to be able to give 100 bears. I also donated $300.00 to the foundation.For all who helped, thank you so much and may you be blessed tenfold for your generosity. Please visit my site www.youravon.com/lsiverson for a complete list of donors.

Edited by AngelofBroden