Japanese Man Robbed, Shot Dead In Rp

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

When will expats learn to not wear expensive jewelry in the Philippines or any poor country, and if they do then just give it up if someone tries to rob them. A persons belongings is not worth their life and every time I read one of these stories of an expat getting killed, it usually involves money in one way or another. Wearing a gold chain (I only suspect it was gold) is like waving a red flag saying rob me to someone who is poor and looking for a target to rob. MANILA - A Japanese man living in the Philippines has been robbed and shot dead by fellow bus passengers near Manila, police said Saturday.Hiromi Honda, 59, was attacked by 5 unknown suspects shortly after he boarded the bus in Dasmari

Guest OceanBreeze
Posted
Posted
.... Wearing a gold chain (I only suspect it was gold) is like waving a red flag saying rob me to someone who is poor and looking for a target to rob.
Thats very true and I co-sign. Don`t wear chain, expensive wrist watch .. play with your newest cellphone in public, take a handbag with you etc etc. All can cause unwanted attention. And when you get in trouble, give up, hand over your belongings otherwise you risk your life.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Did the victim just happen to get on the same bus as the bad men, or was this planned in advance?.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Did the victim just happen to get on the same bus as the bad men, or was this planned in advance?.
I wouldn't think the victim would be siting at a bus stop waiting for the right bad man to come along to shoot him, might be wrong though.:buttkick:

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
I agree sounds more like a hit. They didn't try to rob him first they opened fire immediately. They didn't try to rob anyone else on the bus. Hmmmmmmmm

Singers
Posted
Posted

Did the victim just happen to get on the same bus as the bad men, or was this planned in advance?I agree sounds more like a hit. They didn't try to rob him first they opened fire immediately. They didn't try to rob anyone else on the bus. Hmmmmmmmm"A hit" lost me. Bottom line in any Country is BE WARY...In 1979 I was in northern France with my family. Wiffe (Btch) 2 sons,, 12& 13.. walking (promenading) on the Sea Front.I became aware of 2 youths "shadow3 mins. then I turned and walked towards them.. they ?? ran.Now I am 63 "they" might confront me but I assure U they would regret...So my age group contains a great number of "Friends' who may not instill such "consideration in such ass ass es!!?? But where are the Institutions to protect us??? Tom