Locked Quad Band Nokia 2730

lou
Posted
Posted

I have a locked Nokia 2730 quadband phone that I want to bring to the PI. Should i get it unlocked here in Canada or should I get it unlocked in the PI when I buy a new sim card? I will want to buy prepaid minutes, not a monthly plan. Tks in advance.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I have a locked Nokia 2730 quadband phone that I want to bring to the PI. Should i get it unlocked here in Canada or should I get it unlocked in the PI when I buy a new sim card? I will want to buy prepaid minutes, not a monthly plan. Tks in advance.
If I were you and if you have someone there who can unlock the phone for you then you should have it unlocked. In most places in the Philippines, you have to leave the phone for 24 hours for them to unlock it and I do not like letting my phone out of my sight. Many cell phone companies will give you the unlock codes for your phone if you have a contract with them. I get mine from Tmobile all the time. Hope that helps.

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted
If I were you and if you have someone there who can unlock the phone for you then you should have it unlocked. In most places in the Philippines, you have to leave the phone for 24 hours for them to unlock it and I do not like letting my phone out of my sight. Many cell phone companies will give you the unlock codes for your phone if you have a contract with them. I get mine from Tmobile all the time. Hope that helps.
If your service provider does not support for free. You can also buy codes and hyper-sims off ebay to do it yourself. $2- $3. If you have time and want to save the money. Search for unlock codes or unlock sims ensure they support your model. Some offer customer service via email.