Microsoft

Jake
Posted
Posted
Microsoft

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Microsoft® Windows® Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830) Jan. 2010Brief DescriptionThis tool checks your computer for infection by specific, prevalent malicious software (including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom) and helps to remove the infection if it is found. Microsoft will release an updated version of this tool on the second Tuesday of each month.Find the download hereI ran this on a laptop that I just bought from a friend and it came up with 5 malicious files, might be worth trying on your computers and it sure cannot hurt. Works on all versions of windows but XP is the standard version and you can scroll down the page for the x64 tool. You should especially run this if you went without a virus protector for any time at all. You can also find a good free virus protector that I posted HERE from Microsoft.
Executed the scan and so far, my machine is clean -- thanks Lee!
Your welcome Jake, my computers and my wife's came up clean and I suspect my friend ran this one without a virus protector when the free version it came with expired and then he just put it in the closet and let it sit, so now it is ours to play with. I love new toys to play with, just crazy me.

softail
Posted
Posted

Thanks!! Did the scan. So far things are looking good.Doug and Sally

retired
Posted
Posted

Run Linux and you won't need a soft-wear removal tool . 3_8_14%5B1%5D.gif