Media, Police Urged To Prepare For 'bloodiest' Poll

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

With a lot of uncertainties on the poll automation process and the integrity of its results, a human rights lawyer urged journalists and policemen to prepare for what could be the country's bloodiest elections.That, as some 35 community journalists from all over the country adopted a covenant and approved a set of guidelines that will help ensure a safe and balanced reporting of the May 10 polls.Link to the whole storyI feel that it might be best to stay away from areas where there are polls and to never discuss politics with anyone. One of our relatives was killed by another relative when they argued about politics while also drunk and if a local can hack his own relative to death during a heated argument and when alcohol is added, then what chance might an expat have if they open their mouths. This might be one of the most dangerous times to be in the Philippines and Mindanao might be an even worse place to be during and prior to elections and maybe even after the elections if there ends up a battle because of cheating or someone even suspecting that there was cheating. Seems to be a lot of sore losers at times and a lot is at stake for some with this election.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

A bit of good advice there Mr Lee.. but the important factor is just not get involved "at all" and I doubt people will have any problems. I can see this getting nasty as there are a few strong candidates and I dont think any of them are looking to win by a fair vote. Only a fool would.. corruption is part of the system and its going to get messy for sure. Be careful out there ;-)