From Scheme To Scam Or Scam To Scheme!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Have you ever read in a contract where they use the word scheme? Won't the average foreigner think twice before signing on the dotted line, because the word implicates that a "scam" maybe in the works? I guess here in the Philippines, they really don't understand the meaning of the word, which have different meanings and one of them is "scam" and yet they often use the word "scheme" in their advertising campaign to drum up business. I would think it would be a big turn off to some when the word "scheme" is used in any reading materials promoting whatever is being sold to public. To me, it says, "buyers beware!" I'm just wondering why they do it! SugarwareZ-024.gif

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Have you ever read in a contract where they use the word scheme? Won't the average foreigner think twice before signing on the dotted line, because the word implicates that a "scam" maybe in the works? I guess here in the Philippines, they really don't understand the meaning of the word, which have different meanings and one of them is "scam" and yet they often use the word "scheme" in their advertising campaign to drum up business. I would think it would be a big turn off to some when the word "scheme" is used in any reading materials promoting whatever is being sold to public. To me, it says, "buyers beware!" I'm just wondering why they do it! SugarwareZ-024.gif
Well, they use the word "scheme" differently, but with the way the companies here rape the consumer, the American interpretation of the word is much more appropriate.