Traffic Lights That Do Not Work

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Who the heck do I call to complain about a traffic light in Cebu? The reason I ask is that the traffic light at the end of our block was broken a year ago and it seems to still not be working now, so what the heck is it going to take to get that stupid light fixed because this is a very dangerous street to try to cross and besides that, every time we take a taxi it ends up sitting there at the flashing light for 5 to 10 minutes and wasting my money.

UZI
Posted
Posted
Who the heck do I call to complain about a traffic light in Cebu? The reason I ask is that the traffic light at the end of our block was broken a year ago and it seems to still not be working now, so what the heck is it going to take to get that stupid light fixed because this is a very dangerous street to try to cross and besides that, every time we take a taxi it ends up sitting there at the flashing light for 5 to 10 minutes and wasting my money.
Lee,These look to be the guilty party (or at least the place to start getting the run around :thumbs-up-smile:)Cebu City Traffic Management Coordination Committee (CITOM)CITOM:th_thimage_265775:You'll need itUZI

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Maybe its a do it your self fix.From memory if you can force the signal box open which should be a big green box on the footpath or some where near by,any way there is a switch in there that can be switched to amber hazard or off etc, just turn it to "set" or on, cant remember exactly but you cant go wrong.Perhaps do it late at night though.How do I know,trust me :thumbs-up-smile:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Lee,These look to be the guilty party (or at least the place to start getting the run around :thumbs-up-smile:)Cebu City Traffic Management Coordination Committee (CITOM)CITOM:thumbs-up-smile:You'll need itUZI
Thank you. I called the mayor and the city administrators office and they said they would take care of it. When I told them I almost got run over and that the motorcycles are up on the sidewalk, they both got pretty upset. I have to wonder what country those people live in that they are so sheltered that they do not see these things themselves. I guess when a person is being chauffeured around then they may be oblivious to what is going on around them.

Travis
Posted
Posted

citcom is correct but I have called & called & called & the light is still out. things work very slow here

• 2 months later...
Guest KlausB
Posted
Posted

I do have the best experiences when i talked to the Barangay Captain. Trying to catch his honor how his Barangay is looking like, if the traffic or street lights are not working. I always did that before in that way, and guess what happens. Some days later it worked well. He knows best to whom to talk to and how to talk the officials. If i did it personally, in the mayor office, i might fail all the time, because being inpatient. That's the way how i am sometimes.Tip:do not report it to the taxi associations :) they might have a bigger influence at the mayors office as the Barangay Captain