The Fbi Knows Where You Are,

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

So how long do you think it will be before there is no where to hide as long as you have a cell phone?As cell phones have morphed from cordless communication devices into pocket-sized PCs, cellular providers have developed and honed the ability to pinpoint your location fairly accurately -- potentially to within 150 feet.The whole story

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
So how long do you think it will be before there is no where to hide as long as you have a cell phone?As cell phones have morphed from cordless communication devices into pocket-sized PCs, cellular providers have developed and honed the ability to pinpoint your location fairly accurately -- potentially to within 150 feet.The whole story
Well if they get the go ahead I can see where it will help save lives at times but also will make it easy to catch wanted crims,not just by their cell phone but by the line up out side a street pay phone,lol:thumbsup:

TheMason
Posted
Posted
So what if an FBI agent used cell phone records 150 times to track down fugitives? Isn't that kind of what we WANT the FBI to do? You know...catch the criminals?When the govt. used the exact same technology to locate and kill terrorist leaders in Pakistan, the American people were standing up and cheering America's technological might and how smart we were to do it. When the exact same technology is used to track down criminals on American soil, people start crying about their privacy. Spare me the hypocrisy.

Singers
Posted
Posted
Well if they get the go ahead I can see where it will help save lives at times but also will make it easy to catch wanted crims,not just by their cell phone but by the line up out side a street pay phone,lol:thumbsup:
Driving around SA & Taz last year my S'Pore CellPhone displayed the name of the locality I was in so greatly assisted my Nav. Oz Rules! OKTom

Singers
Posted
Posted
So what if an FBI agent used cell phone records 150 times to track down fugitives? Isn't that kind of what we WANT the FBI to do? You know...catch the criminals?When the govt. used the exact same technology to locate and kill terrorist leaders in Pakistan, the American people were standing up and cheering America's technological might and how smart we were to do it. When the exact same technology is used to track down criminals on American soil, people start crying about their privacy. Spare me the hypocrisy.
Around 2004, in Singapore I bought "Office for Mac". Installed it on my iMac ans MacBook.Worked perfectly with WORD open on IMac & MacBook at the same time BUT when both connected to Broadband I got a "Message" from Microsoft "Illegal use of this Software". (Single Licence use) Switched off my ISP and Word worked on both computers at the same time.! Re-connect both PC to ISP and the same "IlLEGAL USE" message from Microsoft. !!! Big Brother IS out there!Tom

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Around 2004, in Singapore I bought "Office for Mac". Installed it on my iMac ans MacBook.Worked perfectly with WORD open on IMac & MacBook at the same time BUT when both connected to Broadband I got a "Message" from Microsoft "Illegal use of this Software". (Single Licence use) Switched off my ISP and Word worked on both computers at the same time.! Re-connect both PC to ISP and the same "IlLEGAL USE" message from Microsoft. !!! Big Brother IS out there!Tom
Sounds like someone sold you a pirated copy instead of an officially licensed product. You should take that up with the people that ripped you off, not Microsoft.

Singers
Posted
Posted
Sounds like someone sold you a pirated copy instead of an officially licensed product. You should take that up with the people that ripped you off, not Microsoft.
It is a Legal piece of Software. Came from Apple S'Pore and after the "Free Trial" I paid Microsoft direct on-line and purchased it and Installed it on 2nd. PC.It works on 1 pc at a time when connected to ISP broadband. It is a "single License" product. SO I get a message "Illegal use" from Microsoft when it is "open" on 2 PC's connected to the WEB. Not a problem - NO complaint from me about that.!!! My point was ---- how is it done --- ?? and if that was possible in 2004! what is possible now.:thumbsup:

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

All sorts of things can now be done remotely such as switching on webcams or tapping into security camera systems. Infact in the UK there are security cameras for companies that are leased on "out of hours" by the Police for monitoring areas.Only time you have to worry with all this technology is if China keeps expanding and you go against the grain they might drop in on you..