International Drivers License

wallyperrier
Posted
Posted

got an international driverslicensefor 3 years, until 2012I think is ok to drive around in philsor do you have other opinion?

Markham
Posted
Posted
got an international driverslicensefor 3 years, until 2012I think is ok to drive around in philsor do you have other opinion?
It will be valid for a maximum of 3 months here.Mark

johnb
Posted
Posted
As Mark said, you can use the international license for a period of 90 days [starting from the day of your arrive], In the RP there's know distinction between an international license and your standard home country license. as you approach the 90 day mark you'll have to visit your local LTO office and apply for you RP license, it's a simple enough procedure, depending on the LTO office that your using, you'll be issued a license that day, either the real thing or a temporary license while the main license is being proccessed. there is some paperwork requirments for your appliation, such as if your license is printed in a foriegn language a translation will be required, you'll also need a valid visa, however you do have the intial 90 days period to check out any new rules that the LTO may have introduced.John

Markham
Posted
Posted
As Mark said, you can use the international license for a period of 90 days [starting from the day of your arrive], In the RP there's know distinction between an international license and your standard home country license. as you approach the 90 day mark you'll have to visit your local LTO office and apply for you RP license, it's a simple enough procedure, depending on the LTO office that your using, you'll be issued a license that day, either the real thing or a temporary license while the main license is being proccessed. there is some paperwork requirments for your appliation, such as if your license is printed in a foriegn language a translation will be required, you'll also need a valid visa, however you do have the intial 90 days period to check out any new rules that the LTO may have introduced.
As a matter of fact, I have both a UK and an International drivers' licences however the only license that LTO wanted to see was my UK one. As John says, if your national license is not in English, you will need a translation certified by your country's Consulate. You also need a permanent address - hotels are not accepted.If you plan to drive here, you really do need a Philippines' license; without one, although you can buy motor insurance, you can not make a claim.Mark

• 1 year later...
warnt
Posted
Posted

Hi ,regarding licence in philippinesI am looking to buy a small motorbike you know like a honda xrm 125cc just to get about on short stays (month max each stay) and although i have a full european drivers licence for a car it does not allow me to drive a motorbike in europe , so i presume it would not cover me in philippines would i be right and if so whats the best advice on how to sort this problem , i am not living in phil just the usual 90 day visa entry, the bike will be in girlfriends name and registered and insured anyone any thoughts , last time i was there i drove one without problem but that was on camiguin island and well im sure things are bit relaxed there but in busy areas id want to sure im covered to drive thanks warren

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi ,regarding licence in philippinesI am looking to buy a small motorbike you know like a honda xrm 125cc just to get about on short stays (month max each stay) and although i have a full european drivers licence for a car it does not allow me to drive a motorbike in europe , so i presume it would not cover me in philippines would i be right and if so whats the best advice on how to sort this problem , i am not living in phil just the usual 90 day visa entry, the bike will be in girlfriends name and registered and insured anyone any thoughts , last time i was there i drove one without problem but that was on camiguin island and well im sure things are bit relaxed there but in busy areas id want to sure im covered to drive thanks warren
Get a motorcycle endorsement on you license in your home country and your home country license is good for 90 days each time you enter the Philippines, so unless the rules change, no need for a local license.