Taxes

slim
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if you have to send a copy of your taxes to IRS when you e-file ???

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Does anyone know if you have to send a copy of your taxes to IRS when you e-file ???
If you efile, then they get an electronic copy and no hard copy would be needed since that is the purpose of e-filing. Good to see you on my friend. :thumbs-up-smile:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Isn't tax e-filing great! I did mine in 45 minutes from start to finish a few weeks ago using "Turbo Tax" on-line, the simple 1040 form since we didn't have anything to itemize, but we still ended up owing Federal $662 due to my tax bracket going up from my 3rd pension I started collecting last year! And we owe nothing to State tax, because we were in the Philippines the whole year of 2009. IRS will debit what we owe from our U.S. bank account automatically! :thumbs-up-smile: :th_thbarbaque:

Edited by Art & Jho

slim
Posted
Posted
If you efile, then they get an electronic copy and no hard copy would be needed since that is the purpose of e-filing. Good to see you on my friend. thumbsup.gif
Thanks Mr. Lee and welcome back to cebu ! I thought I knew that but today when I was doing my taxes on turbo tax they asked me to upgrade from the free version to something or I would have to file a hard copy to the IRS? It just confused me and I thought all they were doing is scaring me into paying more so I thought I would ask just to make sure? thanks again

slim
Posted
Posted
Isn't tax e-filing great! I did mine in 45 minutes from start to finish a few weeks ago using "Turbo Tax" on-line, but I still ended up owing Federal $662 due to my tax bracket going up from my 3rd pension I started collecting last year! IRS will debit what I owe from my U.S. account automatically!th_need_vac.gifmocking.gif
Hi Artdo you get any advantages for living in a foreign country on your taxes?? also they want to know if I had more than 10,000 in a bank account last year here in the phils? Is it best to tell them or forget about it? i built a home here last year and sometimes there was more than that in there and if so are they going to tax me on my own money that i allready paid tax on or what?? thanks for the help !

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
If you efile, then they get an electronic copy and no hard copy would be needed since that is the purpose of e-filing. Good to see you on my friend. thumbsup.gif
Thanks Mr. Lee and welcome back to cebu ! I thought I knew that but today when I was doing my taxes on turbo tax they asked me to upgrade from the free version to something or I would have to file a hard copy to the IRS? It just confused me and I thought all they were doing is scaring me into paying more so I thought I would ask just to make sure? thanks again
My friend efiles via H&R Block yearly and I know others that use turbo tax and never send hard copies but if you make over a certain amount of money then the efile is not free, and they are always trying to get you to upgrade no matter what, but once you efile then the IRS is supposed to send you a confirmation number that they received it, so if you do not get that within a couple of weeks then double check it. You are always welcome to come over to our condo and use my US phone if you do not have one. I am going to try to get my friend to ship me some more magic jacks but I hear they can be bought here now and I think they are great to have, so maybe be on the lookout for some on the on-line ad sites, that is if you do not already have one or something better. Hope to hook up with you and your wife this trip, we should be here until sometime in May if you have some time for us, and the forum is having a get together March 12 if you would like to meet some of the other people on here. :36_6_3[1]: