The Sand Trap Cebu, A Place Not To Eat

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Sand Trap. My wife and I went over to the Sand Trap and decided to have an early dinner. First I have to tell you all that my wife and I are not fancy people and we often eat at places such as McDonalds or other inexpensive restaurants along those lines, so we do not have gourmet tastes.So my wife ordered Pancit (Philippine noodles with shrimp etc) and one would figure that a restaurant in the Philippines would know how to make Filipino food and I ordered a Pizza and I can understand if a non pizza place might make average pizza. Well first I can tell you that the pizza was horrible IMO but we were very hungry so we attempted to eat it even though it was undercooked, and on top of it being undercooked, it had taken 25 minutes for them to serve it to us that way. Next we finally got the pancit ten minutes later, and it was so disappointing that the best I can figure is that all the expats who live here must go there for the beer because the food is really not fit for human consumption IMO and I would not eat there again even if someone offered me free meal there for life.On a scale of one to ten with ten being the best food I would expect to be served and one being the lowest, the pizza was a minus 5 and the pancit was maybe a one. Next the bathroom was flooded and then the worst part is the water was shut off and the value to flush the urinal was working but it did no good since the water was not working and the urinal was full of smelly pee.For any of the expats who think that place is so good, I have one thing to tell you all, you have been in the Philippines way too long.

Demeter
Posted
Posted

I have been there once, the first time I met Mr. Lee and Ate Nila. I was surprised at how expensive their food was in their menu. They're really pricey but I thought, "Well, this place is for expats." But like Mr. Lee said, the food was not really good and a very hungry expat would not be satisfied with the quantity of the food, the prices were not justified by both quality and quantity.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I have been there once, the first time I met Mr. Lee and Ate Nila. I was surprised at how expensive their food was in their menu. They're really pricey but I thought, "Well, this place is for expats." But like Mr. Lee said, the food was not really good and a very hungry expat would not be satisfied with the quantity of the food, the prices were not justified by both quality and quantity.
Thank you, I am glad to hear a Filipino agree with me on this, and of course it was a pleasure meeting you in person but I think we met before that also at the Mooon Caf

scianna54
Posted
Posted

We went there a few times 2 or 3 years ago. The food was OK but the situation with the cr was the same at the time, no water and I can tell you that pee is the lesser of the 2 evils. SugarwareZ-011.gif

Travis
Posted
Posted

I ate there once & never went back

United Army
Posted
Posted
I ate there once & never went back
Me and my wife were going to try this place, but after reading these reviews, it a no...

Mik
Posted
Posted

That Thai restaurant in SM always has tasty food, good service and the CR is impeccably clean. It's Krua-Thai or something, located near Philippine Airlines in the mall..

Demeter
Posted
Posted
Thank you, I am glad to hear a Filipino agree with me on this, and of course it was a pleasure meeting you in person but I think we met before that also at the Mooon Caf

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
You are welcome, Mr. Lee. The gathering at Mooon Cafe was the second time.
Thank you Demeter for jogging my old mind, sometimes these together's just seem to blend into one another as the years just seem to be flying by.Also my wife has now reminded me that we have both tried a number of meals there on different occasions during the last few years and that neither of us was happy with the food and that the only meal that I seemed to enjoy was not really a meal but a side dish of their French Fries. So beer and French Fries is the way to go IMO if you wish to eat there but maybe there are other meals that we did not try that someone else might wish to comment on and that they thought would pass for decent food? Someone, anyone? I feel it is only fair to give someone a chance to counter my very bad report of this place.