Canvas Restaurant Ayala Terraces Cebu City

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

My wife and I had a pleasant experience last evening when we went out to dinner in the Canvas Restaurant which is located in the Ayala Terraces in the Ayala Mall in Cebu City and it was about 4 stores aways from the Mooon Cafe and 3 away from La Massion, just to give you all an idea where to find it.First of all it is owned by a nice Australian gentleman name Steve and his wife Eya and they run it hands on and he was busy running the kitchen and greeting customers when he was not busy with other chores. His wife was not there while we were there but I am told she is usually there working hard as well.My wife and I ordered the local beef fillet and it came with a smattering of blue cheese on each fillet and on top of garlic mashed potato's and some wok fried Asian greens. The price for my wife who ordered it as an entree which only came with one fillet was p195 and I ordered it as a main course and it cost p295 and came with 2 fillets. We both enjoyed the meal and we finished it off with a chocolate desert.My wife and I really enjoyed dining at Canvas and we will be going back again and again and again to try many more items on the menu. I should also say that they have a semi private room in the back that is good for 27 people the way it was set up and my wife and I would recommend that members try it when they get a chance. They have an extensive two page menu with entrees such as spaghetti and beef meat balls in creamy tomato sauces for as low as p130 or a main course for p220 and they also offer a beef burger with caramelized onions, cheese, tomato, friend egg, coleslaw & chips for p240.Oh and the beer was reasonable as well with Pilsen or SM light for p60 and imported beer such as Heineken for p125 and Paul will be happy to hear that they also offered Jack Daniels for p135.Be sure to give it a try and maybe even tell him that the Philippines Expat Forum told you about it because I introduced myself and invited him to join our happy group and he said he would when he gets another computer because his crashed a few weeks ago. I feel he would be a welcome addition to this forum. :yes:Oh and let me add that prices were plus an 8% service charge which we felt was very reasonable since the service we received was excellent.

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
My wife and I had a pleasant experience last evening when we went out to dinner in the Canvas Restaurant which is located in the Ayala Terraces in the Ayala Mall in Cebu City...First of all it is owned by a nice Australian gentleman name Steve and his wife Eya and they run it hands on... My wife and I really enjoyed dining at Canvas and we will be going back again... they also offer a beef burger with caramelized onions, cheese, tomato, friend egg, coleslaw & chips for p240.
Hi Lee,My wife and I ate at Canvas last November soon after it opened. I actually stopped there because I saw they had Corona at the outside sidewalk bar (Yea!). Once I looked at the menu and saw the cheeseburger, I was hooked and stayed to eat.The cheeseburger was great, the beer ice cold. It was about 3p and not very busy. Steve came out of the kitchen to see how we liked our food... by his attire, you could tell he was the cook. We got to talking, turned out he, along with his wife and bro-in-law, were the owners. After we chatted a while, he brought his wife out to say hello... a very lovely, gracious lady.Turns out Steve had been executive chef at a major hotel in Vietnam, where he met his Filipina wife... she was his "boss," and he wound up marrying her. Their dream was to have their own business... quite a few years later, voila - Canvas.Good food, cold beer, clean, good service, reasonable prices... hopefully expats (nice ones, not loud mouth a..holes) will frequent Canvas and help Steve make a go of it.Tom in Big D

Travis
Posted
Posted

it could be a good place for that get together but maybe too high class for some of the expats I see living here