Blackberry, Smart Stealing Pesos From My Load

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I wonder if anyone else is using a Blackberry? I brought an old one and my newer US Curve and both seem to steal money for no apparent reason. I also brought an older quad band Motorola V188 and no money disappears from it, so it must be something to do with the Blackberry service or Internet availability on the Blackberry, anyone have the same problem and can you tell me how to stop the problem because text is so much easier for me with a keyboard than with a regular phone and I have already lost almost p400 of my load and I do not wish to lose any more.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I wonder if anyone else is using a Blackberry? I brought an old one and my newer US Curve and both seem to steal money for no apparent reason. I also brought an older quad band Motorola V188 and no money disappears from it, so it must be something to do with the Blackberry service or Internet availability on the Blackberry, anyone have the same problem and can you tell me how to stop the problem because text is so much easier for me with a keyboard than with a regular phone and I have already lost almost p400 of my load and I do not wish to lose any more.
I suspect your Blackberry is 'phoning home' or doing other intermittent Internet/download activity in order to keep something updated and incurring charges for that. Try disabling the online ability and see if the load stops draining.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
My wife is not using a Blackberry but she just changed to Globe the other day as she said Smart keeps eating her load.:10001:

• 2 weeks later...
tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

I have experienced load disappearing, not being loaded and its all to do with the networks not the people selling the load.. BUT like The Mason says its probably dialing home.. My father in the UK had a Wifi connection while on holiday (still in the UK) and found when he got his monthly statement a bill for

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted
Hi Lee. Do you get several unwanted spam text messages from 4-digit numbers? I had the same problem, went down to Smart at Ayala with the numbers and after a few days it stopped. If you for some reason(don't ask me how) get on a list and receive these messages, your account will be charged for them.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi Lee. Do you get several unwanted spam text messages from 4-digit numbers? I had the same problem, went down to Smart at Ayala with the numbers and after a few days it stopped. If you for some reason(don't ask me how) get on a list and receive these messages, your account will be charged for them.
Hi Lars, thanks for the info, but it does not steal even one centavo when the sim is in my regular phone and only when in the blackberry, so I am going to go to SM later this week and ask them what the heck is causing it.