Old Age

manabouttown
Posted
Posted

Hi to allIn my observations of the Filipino people out and about i noticed there doe's not seem to be that many real old folks around, makes me wonder about what is the life expectancy of a Filipino?maybe there are many old ones but they do not go to the malls or other places that i frequent

Travis
Posted
Posted
Hi to allIn my observations of the Filipino people out and about i noticed there doe's not seem to be that many real old folks around, makes me wonder about what is the life expectancy of a Filipino?maybe there are many old ones but they do not go to the malls or other places that i frequent
you are correct hardly any older people walking around mall but I do see them all along the streets at small shops along the way to the malls. maybe the younger people do the shopping

TheMason
Posted
Posted

The overall life expectancy at birth for the Philippines is 71.09 years. For males, it is 68.17 and for women it is 74.15. The number is higher if you take out the infant mortality rate, but I couldn't find stats for life expectancy of those that reach adulthood. Personally, I have a tough time judging the age of Filipinos. They do not age the same as white people do, so I'm often way off in my age estimates. The elderly people that you do see are likely older than you think they are.It also matters where you go. The older generation aren't used to the malls and won't likely go there very often. Go to the barangay hall or local wet market and you'll see more old people.

Singers
Posted
Posted
There are a few in "my" BRGY 80's ? but they are happy to potter about at home and a Sunday a walk to the BRGY Chapel is their weekly outing.UK Tom

post-688-12673854846255_thumb.jpg