Brown Is Beautiful

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Why do you think Filipinos want to lighten their skin? I personally love the fact that my wife has brown skin and I would not wish her to change that for all the money in the world, so why is it that so many Filipinas use skin whitening products and wish to be whiter? Love your color,

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
Why do you think Filipinos want to lighten their skin? I personally love the fact that my wife has brown skin and I would not wish her to change that for all the money in the world, so why is it that so many Filipinas use skin whitening products and wish to be whiter? Love your color," said Makati Mayor Jejomar Binay. "Don't use whitening products."Binay skams cosmetic firms over whiteners
I believe advertising/marketing techniques over the years from western influence have brainwashed many Asiansto look like and feel like a Caucasian. Millions of dollars have been spent on cosmetics and cosmetic surgery. Justlook at the typical Filipina actress or young Japanese women getting eye lid revision. The straighter the nose or thewhiter the skin, it will continue to personify false sense of superiority. It's total nonsense! Colonial mentality versus national pride could be another subject for further discussion. Respectfully -- Jake Edited by JAKE

TheMason
Posted
Posted

I don't think this is unique to the Philippines. How many white ladies go to a tanning salon to get a beautiful, deep, dark, all-over tan? How many white women get a perm to curl their hair and black women straighten theirs? I think people find beauty in the exotic and different. Filipinos are typically dark, so white skin is prized and considered attractive. Filipinos are typically short, so height is a prized physical attribute.However, if Mayor Binay wants to slam somebody over this, he should start with the Filipino media that promotes fair-skinned movie stars and models as beautiful. When is the last time you saw a billboard or magazine spread with a dark-skinned Filipino prominently featured as beautiful? How about a dark-skinned beauty pageant winner? The Mayor has it backwards. Filipinos do not want to be fair-skinned because there are skin-whitening products on the market, the skin-whitening products are on the market because Filipinos want to be fair-skinned. That is not the fault of the cosmetic companies. They're meeting an existing demand, not creating the demand.

Travis
Posted
Posted

if we wanted white skin then we would have stayed home

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I don't think this is unique to the Philippines. How many white ladies go to a tanning salon to get a beautiful, deep, dark, all-over tan? How many white women get a perm to curl their hair and black women straighten theirs? I think people find beauty in the exotic and different. Filipinos are typically dark, so white skin is prized and considered attractive. Filipinos are typically short, so height is a prized physical attribute.However, if Mayor Binay wants to slam somebody over this, he should start with the Filipino media that promotes fair-skinned movie stars and models as beautiful. When is the last time you saw a billboard or magazine spread with a dark-skinned Filipino prominently featured as beautiful? How about a dark-skinned beauty pageant winner? The Mayor has it backwards. Filipinos do not want to be fair-skinned because there are skin-whitening products on the market, the skin-whitening products are on the market because Filipinos want to be fair-skinned. That is not the fault of the cosmetic companies. They're meeting an existing demand, not creating the demand.
:hystery: Years ago here in Aus it was the fashion for women to lay on the beach to get that deep tan,20 years on you look at these blonde haired ex beauties and there face looks wrinkled leather.Personally I like the dark skin women.

Singers
Posted
Posted
:hystery: Years ago here in Aus it was the fashion for women to lay on the beach to get that deep tan,20 years on you look at these blonde haired ex beauties and there face looks wrinkled leather.Personally I like the dark skin women.
"Beauty is only skin deep" !.White skinned beauties I have known have confirmed this saying more than once. The Brown skinned beauties it has been my pleasure to know have shown a warmth and "Inner beauty" the Germain Greer clones will never know the JOY of possessing or the JOY this brings to others.So I will have mine Brown please. O0o 2 lumps!.UK Tom 23_9_10%5B1%5D.gif