Spain, Philippines Sign Agreement On Spanish Language

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

It appears the Philippines will be speaking Spanish as a second language before long and since Spanish pronunciation and the Philippine languages seem to be similar, Spanish may be the future second language of the whole Philippines. How do you think this would affect the people who wish to move to the Philippines, I think it will hurt the Philippines and I think becoming more proficient in English would have been a much better idea, and I base this on the majority of expats who I see who are now living here, but maybe the makeup of that group will change when Spanish becomes the secondary language.Spain and Philippines signs agreement on Spanish languageThe study of the language is currently voluntary at public high schools in the Philippines, a former Spanish colony, but the government plans to make its availability widespread from 2012.

Singers
Posted
Posted
It appears the Philippines will be speaking Spanish as a second language before long and since Spanish pronunciation and the Philippine languages seem to be similar, Spanish may be the future second language of the whole Philippines. How do you think this would affect the people who wish to move to the Philippines, I think it will hurt the Philippines and I think becoming more proficient in English would have been a much better idea, and I base this on the majority of expats who I see who are now living here, but maybe the makeup of that group will change when Spanish becomes the secondary language.Spain and Philippines signs agreement on Spanish languageThe study of the language is currently voluntary at public high schools in the Philippines, a former Spanish colony, but the government plans to make its availability widespread from 2012.
I met a Dutch Bank VP in Singapore. The Bank President had met the S'Pore senior Management team for the first time and was APPALLED at their English. The Bank is now located on, The Bund, in Shanghai.Shanghai Gov officials , by local Gov decree, must ALL have a "Good English speaker" Cert. to keep their job. They were advised of a 3 year time span to obtain this if they wanted to remain employed.Very WELL done the Philippine Government - ????ing AGAIN.3rd. World Countries STRIVE to take a step forward and PI "Skilfully" negotiate a BIG step BACKwards.TomSugarwareZ-011.gif :hystery: 1%20%28103%29.gif