The Ranch Restaurant In Talamban Cebu City

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

My wife and I had lunch there with member MikeB today. Both MikeB and I ordered the burger which I believe was called the cow burger, sorry not sure of the name and my wife ordered the steak sandwich which was thinly sliced beef piled on a bun. I would say that the food was good and the service was very good and the prices were reasonable, so would we go back, yes.The owners name is James and American and his wife is a Filipina named Elvie who does the cooking. Both James and his wife seemed very nice and both spoke to us and answered questions and seemed truly concerned that we were happy with the food. They had a fairly extensive menu and James has recommended the meatloaf, the pot roast and the Ostrich burger but we had already ordered so we will have to go back to try it again. Of course they have a fairly well stocked bar and served cold beer. The phone number is 032 346 4890 and instructions to get there would be as follows, go past Country Mall on the way to Talamban and take the Banilad flyover and once you come down the other side and go just pass the walk over bridge then The Ranch will be a little hidden on the right side of the road. We went past it, so go slow once you get past the walkover and it will be on the right side but set back slightly and with cars possibly parked in front of the entranceway.

post-40-12673550929314_thumb.jpg

post-40-12673551703027_thumb.jpg

post-40-12673551951383_thumb.jpg

post-40-12673552188703_thumb.jpg

post-40-12673552712619_thumb.jpg

post-40-1267355296215_thumb.jpg

post-40-12673553206182_thumb.jpg

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted
My wife and I had lunch there with member MikeB today. Both MikeB and I ordered the burger which I believe was called the cow burger, sorry not sure of the name and my wife ordered the steak sandwich which was thinly sliced beef piled on a bun. I would say that the food was good and the service was very good and the prices were reasonable, so would we go back, yes.The owners name is James and American and his wife is a Filipina named Elvie who does the cooking. Both James and his wife seemed very nice and both spoke to us and answered questions and seemed truly concerned that we were happy with the food. They had a fairly extensive menu and James has recommended the meatloaf, the pot roast and the Ostrich burger but we had already ordered so we will have to go back to try it again. Of course they have a fairly well stocked bar and served cold beer. The phone number is 032 346 4890 and instructions to get there would be as follows, go past Country Mall on the way to Talamban and take the Banilad flyover and once you come down the other side and go just pass the walk over bridge then The Ranch will be a little hidden on the right side of the road. We went past it, so go slow once you get past the walkover and it will be on the right side but set back slightly and with cars possibly parked in front of the entranceway.
Lee/Nila,I haven't tried it myself but I have had around 8 people recommend this place to me over the weekend - will have to give it a try!Paul

paul
Posted
Posted

We went there as well, today. I had a very enjoyable meal there. It was suggested a while back on the "another forum" Forum that others try it. I think it would be a great alternative for the meeting place, on the 12th.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
We went there as well, today. I had a very enjoyable meal there. It was suggested a while back on the "another forum" Forum that others try it. I think it would be a great alternative for the meeting place, on the 12th.
John Rainey mentioned it to me about a week or so ago and I mentioned it to Tom, so we tried it today. Seems OK but we may overload them, so if everyone is patient, then I guess it could work.

paul
Posted
Posted (edited)

I didn't get a chance to talk with James (the owner), whom I know from some years back. He had gone just before we arrived, to attend a rodeo. (No, I'm not joking.)Anyway, I was going to suggest to him, that, if Tom does go with this location, to perhaps have more staff on hand during the meeting. I estimated about 30 people who would have to be catered to, there. A few images: post-1-12673606675647_thumb.jpg post-1-12673607001642_thumb.jpg post-1-1267360736175_thumb.jpgIf he doesn't decide on that place, another alternative, which was suggested to me a while back, may be Handuraw Pizza, located on Gorordo Avenue. Link 1

Edited by Boss Man
reduced image size