13G Non-Quota Immigrant Visa

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Jake jogged my memory recently about this, because we are in the same boat and there maybe others out there in the same situation thinking about living in the Philippines permanently at or up to their old age and don't want to go through the "Balikbayan Program", "Dual Citizenship", SRRV 13a visa or the "do it yourself" 13a visa route!This 13G Non-quota Immigrant Visa just may do the trick for some! Jake, It doesn't even mention anything about taking a medical exam! Can you expand on this since you have done it before back in 1990? 13G Non-quota Immigrant Visa Requirements and ProceduresThis visa is issued to (a) former Filipino citizens, (b) spouses and, © their unmarried minor children who are returning to permanently reside in the Philippines (as amended by Republic Act No. 4376).Requirements 1. Notarized Letter of Application 2. Accomplished and Notarized General Application Form (BI Form No. MCL-07-01) 3. NSO authenticated copy of the applicant's birth certificate 4. Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate 5. Clear copy of the passport (if the passport is in foreign language, a Philippine Embassy or Consulate authenticated copy of its English translation must be provided)Additional Requirements for Accompanying Spouse or Unmarried Minor Children 1. Copy of the marriage contract or a Philippine Embassy or Consulate authenticated copy of its English translation if written in foreign language 2. Copy of the birth certificate of the unmarried minor children or a Philippine Embassy or Consulate authenticated copy of its English translation if written in foreign language 3. Clear copy of the passportsProcedures 1. Submission of the application form and requirements 2. Assessment of fees, issuance of Order of Payment Slip (OPS) and transmission of the Letter to the Department of Justice 3. Payment to the collecting officer and issuance of the Official Receipt 4. Signing of the Letter by the Commissioner 5. Transmission of application and other supporting documents to DOJ 6. Receipt of the Affirmation Order from DOJ 7. Assessment of immigration fees and issuance of Order of Payment Slip 8. Payment to the collecting officer and issuance of the Official receipt 9. Assignment to registration officer, updating of records and preparation of Filipino Identification Certificate 10. Issuance of Filipino Identification Certificate, picture and fingerprint 11. Signing of the Identification Certificate by the Commissioner 12. Issuance of the Identification Certificate 13. Document archiving Fees in PesosUpon FilingApplication 1,010Express Lane 500 For changing statusACR and Form 1,050Change of Status 600Passport Visa 200ICR Form 1,450Implementation 1,000Legal Research 60Head Tax 250Express Fee 500http://www.philippin...itizen-13g.html

Edited by Art & Jho

Jake
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry Art, my memory came out blank on that one. I don't recall getting any kind ofmedical exam regarding the application for 13G. I need to check that out when I contactthe Philippine Consulate in Los Angeles.Respectfully -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
I'm sorry Art, my memory came out blank on that one. I don't recall getting any kind ofmedical exam regarding the application for 13G. I need to check that out when I contactthe Philippine Consulate in Los Angeles.Respectfully -- Jake
Good news from a source! A friend of ours said, that all she remembers was a urine sample and she did hers in Manila! No physical exam required for her 13G visa!

UZI
Posted
Posted
Hi Jake,Medicals have not been part of the section 13 process in RP for 2 years now. Not since the introduction of VIMS (Visa Issuance Made Simple) and is one of the big differences to having the application done here as opposed to done in your own countries before coming here. The other main difference is RP is 1 year probation before made permanent. All the requirements are clearly shown on the BI website HEREIf processing outside the RP, the more detailed requirements (inc medical) as an example are listed HERE UZI

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted

Gentlemen, please address your problems with the post you do not agree with and do not attack each other. I have deleted all posts which reflex any such attacks. We are here to help members and not to get into arguments with each other. Two wrongs do not make a right so if one member does wrong, it does not give another member an excuse to do the same. Please refer attacks to the moderators as it is our job to handle those problems and not the members.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Hi Jake,Medicals have not been part of the section 13 process in RP for 2 years now. Not since the introduction of VIMS (Visa Issuance Made Simple) and is one of the big differences to having the application done here as opposed to done in your own countries before coming here. The other main difference is RP is 1 year probation before made permanent. All the requirements are clearly shown on the BI website HEREIf processing outside the RP, the more detailed requirements (inc medical) as an example are listed HERE UZI
Well thank you Uzi -- I better get my ass in gear and start doing the paper chase for the 13G type visa. Your're absolute right on the money regarding medical clearance. It's FA Form #11 as indicated in applications fromboth consulates, Belgium and USA.However, I'm still fuzzy on the police clearance requirement. I plan to get my blue passport endorsed with 13G stamp at Los Angles, CA. I've learned from you guys to complete all necessary travel documentsprior to departure to the Philippines. Hopefully there are law enforcement agencies in LA that would providethis service.Again, thank you Uzi. Respectfully -- JakeNON-QUOTA VISA FOR FORMER CITIZENS OF THE PHILIPPINES WHO HAVE BEEN NATURALIZED IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY AND WHO ARE RETURNING TO THE PHILIPPINES FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE 1. Valid U.S. passport 2. Four (4) passport photographs 3. F.A. Form No. 3 to be accomplished in duplicate 4. F.A. Form No. 11 (Medical form) to be accomplished in duplicate 5. Philippine passport, birth, baptismal certificate or naturalization papers and two (2) photocopies thereof 6. Evidence of financial support, such as bank statement, affidavit of support executed by relatives, or statement of monthly pension and two (2) photocopies thereof 7. Police clearance and two (2) photocopies

UZI
Posted
Posted
Well thank you Uzi -- I better get my ass in gear and start doing the paper chase for the 13G type visa. Your're absolute right on the money regarding medical clearance. It's FA Form #11 as indicated in applications fromboth consulates, Belgium and USA.However, I'm still fuzzy on the police clearance requirement. I plan to get my blue passport endorsed with 13G stamp at Los Angles, CA. I've learned from you guys to complete all necessary travel documentsprior to departure to the Philippines. Hopefully there are law enforcement agencies in LA that would providethis service.Again, thank you Uzi. Respectfully -- JakeNON-QUOTA VISA FOR FORMER CITIZENS OF THE PHILIPPINES WHO HAVE BEEN NATURALIZED IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY AND WHO ARE RETURNING TO THE PHILIPPINES FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE 1. Valid U.S. passport 2. Four (4) passport photographs 3. F.A. Form No. 3 to be accomplished in duplicate 4. F.A. Form No. 11 (Medical form) to be accomplished in duplicate 5. Philippine passport, birth, baptismal certificate or naturalization papers and two (2) photocopies thereof 6. Evidence of financial support, such as bank statement, affidavit of support executed by relatives, or statement of monthly pension and two (2) photocopies thereof 7. Police clearance and two (2) photocopies
Hi Jake,You are most welcome. Happy I could help.As for Police Clearance, I would guess it will be the same as for a 13A, so anyone who has theirs from America should be able to guide you through the process.Good luck:cheersty:UZI

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I have not done this so I am not speaking from experience but I have had friends who stated that they contacted the state law enforcement in their state (in our case Florida Dept of Law Enforcement FDLE) and the state law enforcement agency provided the clearance for a fee. Jake and others, I would say that the clearance that you will need will be from your own state that you last resided in and before you make the trip to the airport to leave the country because these things usually take time.