Buying An Air Ticket For Another Person

frey
Posted
Posted

Hi, I'm planning my vacation and want to buy a ticket for the girl I met online. A one-way-ticket to Manila so she can meet me there. I don't want to send money for the obvious reasons. Checking the Philippine Airlines this can be done, but for her to be able to pick up the ticket she needs a photocopy of the front of my creditcard. ( http://www.philippineairlines.com/faq/e_ticket/ETicket.jsp ) I fail to see how this is safe at all. All that is needed to make purchases with the card after that is the 3-digit number on the backside (cvv2 code), a 1/1000 chance, but just keep trying and you're at 100% chance pretty soon.What other options are there?

Singers
Posted
Posted
Hi, I'm planning my vacation and want to buy a ticket for the girl I met online. A one-way-ticket to Manila so she can meet me there. I don't want to send money for the obvious reasons. Checking the Philippine Airlines this can be done, but for her to be able to pick up the ticket she needs a photocopy of the front of my creditcard. ( http://www.philippin...ket/ETicket.jsp ) I fail to see how this is safe at all. All that is needed to make purchases with the card after that is the 3-digit number on the backside (cvv2 code), a 1/1000 chance, but just keep trying and you're at 100% chance pretty soon.What other options are there?
Hi Frey,I looked at the PAL requirements -- "PAL reserves the right to require that the credit card used in purchasing the ticket(s) online be presented at the ticket collection point" this does not mean that they will require sight of the card and It does not say a "PhotoCopy" will be accepted. You need to speak to a PAL office yourself. This used to be called "PrePaid ticket advice".Also try another carrier!.Good luck,UK Tom

TheMason
Posted
Posted

PAL has always asked me for the credit card I used to purchase the ticket, even when its in my name. Due to the high rate of fraud in the Philippines, showing the credit card is generally required. Maybe you could have her book passage on the ferry to Manila. If you're concerned about her scamming you, you'll be risking less money with a ferry ticket. If the lady is genuine, she won't mind taking the ferry instead of flying.You may also want to consider contacting Paul (username ancienrocka on these forums). He offers a lot of services to expats in the Philippines. Maybe you can arrange for him to purchase and deliver the ticket on your behalf.

frey
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the assistance. Well I'm not concerned about being scammed. Maybe I should just send money for the ticket, it's fairly cheap anyway and I see the ferry is not much cheaper.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Thanks for the assistance. Well I'm not concerned about being scammed. Maybe I should just send money for the ticket, it's fairly cheap anyway and I see the ferry is not much cheaper.
Why not just use Cebu Pacific,that's what I do with a Eticket and the wife has no problems boarding a plane.

frey
Posted
Posted
Why not just use Cebu Pacific,that's what I do with a Eticket and the wife has no problems boarding a plane.
Thank you, I'll probably go with this option.