Camera In Case

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Anyone ever put their camera in their suitcase when traveling on a plane. My camera is of a metal case designed as a travel camera so it should be OK with some padding around it.Will I or will I not, that is the question.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Anyone ever put their camera in their suitcase when traveling on a plane. My camera is of a metal case designed as a travel camera so it should be OK with some padding around it.Will I or will I not, that is the question.
It depends on how brave you are. SugarwareZ-007.gif :whistling: Two of our suitcases out of 4 arrived with one lock open and one case had a belt around it when we left but the belt was gone when we arrived, my guess is they were all opened but the question is in what country. Good luck.

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hi BOSS,I always do. A Sony 707 and a Leica DigiLux in their canvas bags and my Camcorder.Surround with Tshirts and shoes or such. Never a problem and I have seen my suitcase drop, 2 Mtr. at Yangon,from the truck bed to "kiss" the concrete HARD and tumble. All safe though in Delsey hard suitcase.Hope this helps.Safe trip.UK Tomps see my reply to Mr. Lee - below.American International Group32/10 Eagle StBrisbane QLD 4000, Australia(07) 3220 0700 Edited by Singers

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
It depends on how brave you are. SugarwareZ-007.gif :SugarwareZ-034: Two of our suitcases out of 4 arrived with one lock open and one case had a belt around it when we left but the belt was gone when we arrived, my guess is they were all opened but the question is in what country. Good luck.
Have a travel Insurance policy with the camera/s listed. Take pictures of your "damaged" suitcase on the conveyor belt with your Cell 'phone AND report it to the Airline staff in the Arrivals hall. You should be issued with a luggage damaged "claim form" by the carrier.AIG (US/OZ/Sin) have a fair system of handling claims on their travel policies.[Philamlife] in PI.UK Tom Edited by Singers

brock
Posted
Posted
I would never put anything of great value in a suitcase, Always in my hand luggage, I have had locks taken off my cases before.

Singers
Posted
Posted
I would never put anything of great value in a suitcase, Always in my hand luggage, I have had locks taken off my cases before.
Hi Brock,Where were you traveling from/to? when this happened.Just curious.UK Tom

brock
Posted
Posted
Hi Brock,Where were you traveling from/to? when this happened.Just curious.UK Tom
Hi Tom.LHR to Doha then Cebu.....Also had cases opened before in singapore and perfume stolen.

Singers
Posted
Posted
Hi Tom.LHR to Doha then Cebu.....Also had cases opened before in singapore and perfume stolen.
Hi Brock,Thanks for your reply. Previous to 2005 Singapore checkIn had a free "Strapping" service where suitcase;s were made more secure. Economic cuts "cut" ?? this security facility AND as you found we PAX are the ones to suffer loss... Following your experience I will now only carry valuables in "carry on" Hand baggage.Kind regards,Tom

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This is the second time my bags were opened,first time the locks were cut off so this trip I did not lock it but put twist ties to keep the zippers together,the main part of the bag had been opened and checked. Nothing missing though.