My Trip

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well I made it,rather tiring trip as I cant seem to sleep on a plane. Cebu seems a little cleaner than the last time I was here but might change that statement once I get out and about some more.My luggage was opened some where on route but nothing missing,I had a plastic bag full of chargers and lap topstuff like mouse and headset etc,this bag was opened and I guess with all the wires in it could have looked like a bomb on the xray machine. I just wish they would close the suit case properly when they look.Staying at the Montebelo hotel,had an apartelle reserved for about 2 months but when I get here its not available until the next day,as it turned out they gave me a choice of 2 apartell rooms and an extra 10000 peso later and another wait of almost 3 hours Im in, huge one bedroom place and maybe 5 times larger than their deluxe room.Met Lee and Frank last night,we had a good time but Lee caused me to have a headache today,well will blame him,hes not a bad bloke but got this funny accent :thumbs-up-smile: Frank had a couple of drinks for his birthday and I think he fell in love :DWifi here is 2800 for unlimited use for a month,seems good so far and speed seems fine too.ok will update on my stay as it happens SugarwareZ-003.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Well I made it,rather tiring trip as I cant seem to sleep on a plane. Cebu seems a little cleaner than the last time I was here but might change that statement once I get out and about some more.My luggage was opened some where on route but nothing missing,I had a plastic bag full of chargers and lap topstuff like mouse and headset etc,this bag was opened and I guess with all the wires in it could have looked like a bomb on the xray machine. I just wish they would close the suit case properly when they look.Staying at the Montebelo hotel,had an apartelle reserved for about 2 months but when I get here its not available until the next day,as it turned out they gave me a choice of 2 apartell rooms and an extra 10000 peso later and another wait of almost 3 hours Im in, huge one bedroom place and maybe 5 times larger than their deluxe room.Met Lee and Frank last night,we had a good time but Lee caused me to have a headache today,well will blame him,hes not a bad bloke but got this funny accent :D Frank had a couple of drinks for his birthday and I think he fell in love :DWifi here is 2800 for unlimited use for a month,seems good so far and speed seems fine too.ok will update on my stay as it happens SugarwareZ-003.gif
Well, welcome to Cebu you funny talking bloke. :lol: And it was good meeting you in person last night and sharing some time at the bar with you. Just to comment, they open our luggage most trips and they never seem to close them properly, and on this last trip over they stole the cloth band we usually put around the case to make sure it would stay shut. Not sure if they just forgot to put it back on after they opened it, or they decided it would look better in their home than on our suitcases. I have to wonder why the heck they know how to open suitcases yet never seem to know how to close the locks properly again because they almost always seem to arrive with one lock open. :thumbs-up-smile: :7522:

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Hey Bossman, I wonder if Mr. Lee has a Boston accent like myself. I bet his wife is always correcting his english 1%20(235).gifhystery.gif It's good you had a safe trip.

Steve
Posted
Posted

Welcome to Cebu!We put locks on our suitcases this time. Nothing was disturbed.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Well I made it,rather tiring trip as I cant seem to sleep on a plane. Cebu seems a little cleaner than the last time I was here but might change that statement once I get out and about some more.My luggage was opened some where on route but nothing missing,I had a plastic bag full of chargers and lap topstuff like mouse and headset etc,this bag was opened and I guess with all the wires in it could have looked like a bomb on the xray machine. I just wish they would close the suit case properly when they look.Staying at the Montebelo hotel,had an apartelle reserved for about 2 months but when I get here its not available until the next day,as it turned out they gave me a choice of 2 apartell rooms and an extra 10000 peso later and another wait of almost 3 hours Im in, huge one bedroom place and maybe 5 times larger than their deluxe room.Met Lee and Frank last night,we had a good time but Lee caused me to have a headache today,well will blame him,hes not a bad bloke but got this funny accent biggrin.gif Frank had a couple of drinks for his birthday and I think he fell in love biggrin.gifWifi here is 2800 for unlimited use for a month,seems good so far and speed seems fine too.ok will update on my stay as it happens SugarwareZ-003.gif
Well, welcome to Cebu you funny talking bloke. laugh.gif And it was good meeting you in person last night and sharing some time at the bar with you. Just to comment, they open our luggage most trips and they never seem to close them properly, and on this last trip over they stole the cloth band we usually put around the case to make sure it would stay shut. Not sure if they just forgot to put it back on after they opened it, or they decided it would look better in their home than on our suitcases. I have to wonder why the heck they know how to open suitcases yet never seem to know how to close the locks properly again because they almost always seem to arrive with one lock open. 1 (103).gif1 (103).gif
After having a nice set of luggage trashed in record time I just use boxes going to PI now. Nice siutcase $85 trashed in two trips. Cardboard box $2.00 tape $1.75 good for 1 round trip. So it should be about 30 round trips to spend as much as I spent for the suitcase they ruined. If they open the box they just tape it back. Can you believe they consider ripping the handle off a new suitcase normal wear and tear. The second trip they split the side open. Fortunately nothing lost. SugarwareZ-034.gif