Get Out Of Jail Free, Marry The One You Rape

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Only in the Philippines!

United Army
Posted
Posted
Only in the Philippines! Ronnie de Guzman could have spent the rest of his life in prison.He was sentenced in November 2000, by the Pasig City Regional Trial Court (RTC) to two life imprisonments for raping a 14-year-old girl in 1996.The RTC verdict was upheld by the Court of Appeals and subsequently by the Supreme Court in 2009.But as fate would have it, De Guzman was ordered released from the New Bilibid Prisons in Muntinlupa City by the Supreme Court after he married his victim right inside the national penitentiary.In a resolution penned by Associate Justice Eduardo B. Nachura, the SC

Jake
Posted
Posted
Only in the Philippines! Ronnie de Guzman could have spent the rest of his life in prison.He was sentenced in November 2000, by the Pasig City Regional Trial Court (RTC) to two life imprisonments for raping a 14-year-old girl in 1996.The RTC verdict was upheld by the Court of Appeals and subsequently by the Supreme Court in 2009.But as fate would have it, De Guzman was ordered released from the New Bilibid Prisons in Muntinlupa City by the Supreme Court after he married his victim right inside the national penitentiary.In a resolution penned by Associate Justice Eduardo B. Nachura, the SC's Third Division absolved De Guzman of the two counts of rape against the private complainant "on account of their subsequent marriage" and ordered his release from jail.Associate Justices Renato C. Corona, Presbitero J. Velasco Jr., Mariano C. Del Castillo, and Jose Catral Mendoza concurred in with the ruling.De Guzman and his victim got married on August 19, 2009 inside the New Bilibid Prisons. The wedding was officiated by Rev. Lucas Dangatan of Jeruel Christ-Centered Ministries, Inc.A month before the marriage, or on July 20, 2009, the SC affirmed his conviction on two counts of rape. Link to the whole story
WOW...this is something...
I wonder how many thousands of pesos exchanged hands under the table??Jake

TheMason
Posted
Posted

This actually happens quite frequently from what I've read and heard. Its the Filipino version of a shotgun wedding. Of course, I don't think I'd call it getting out of jail free. With no divorce, he's stuck with the woman he raped for the rest of his life. He'd better sleep with one eye open.

Singers
Posted
Posted
This actually happens quite frequently from what I've read and heard. Its the Filipino version of a shotgun wedding. Of course, I don't think I'd call it getting out of jail free. With no divorce, he's stuck with the woman he raped for the rest of his life. He'd better sleep with one eye open.
Very true.BERARE of her family -- me thinks...they could not get at him in Prison so easily...UK Tom