Frustrating

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

1%20%28103%29.gif The one thing I find so frustrating about the Philippine culture is that they will not listen when it comes to planning for some thing in-case a disaster strikes.For example tonight I am trying to tell my wife who to contact if I got sick or run over by a jeepney,I am trying to tell her which one of my sisters has the details of my travel insurance in case its needed for hospital expenses,I am trying to tell her to put Lee and Nilas number into her phone as they maybe able to help her and if my phone was crushed by the jeepney then she has contact numbers but its damn hard when she has her fingers in her ears and says nothing will ever happen. :th_thholysheep: I give up

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
1%20%28103%29.gif The one thing I find so frustrating about the Philippine culture is that they will not listen when it comes to planning for some thing in-case a disaster strikes.For example tonight I am trying to tell my wife who to contact if I got sick or run over by a jeepney,I am trying to tell her which one of my sisters has the details of my travel insurance in case its needed for hospital expenses,I am trying to tell her to put Lee and Nilas number into her phone as they maybe able to help her and if my phone was crushed by the jeepney then she has contact numbers but its damn hard when she has her fingers in her ears and says nothing will ever happen. :th_thholysheep: I give up
I am "there" also at the moment .....:th_thholysheep: Edited by Singers

MikeB
Posted
Posted
1%20%28103%29.gif The one thing I find so frustrating about the Philippine culture is that they will not listen when it comes to planning for some thing in-case a disaster strikes.For example tonight I am trying to tell my wife who to contact if I got sick or run over by a jeepney,I am trying to tell her which one of my sisters has the details of my travel insurance in case its needed for hospital expenses,I am trying to tell her to put Lee and Nilas number into her phone as they maybe able to help her and if my phone was crushed by the jeepney then she has contact numbers but its damn hard when she has her fingers in her ears and says nothing will ever happen. horse.gif I give up
It's called "bahala na" - what will be will be, it's in God's hands, etc.

TheMason
Posted
Posted (edited)
I think we've all been there at one time or another. Just take her phone when she isn't looking and add the numbers to it. If you get in an accident, she'll have them available to her. Also put together a package labeled 'Open in case I get hit by a jeep or some other tragedy' and include all your contact, insurance, and financial info. Put it in an envelope and tell your wife where it is.I also carry a laminated card in my wallet that has my relatives (both US and RP) contact info on it in case my wife isn't around when I get in an accident. If you get hit by a jeep, and nobody steals your wallet while you're slowly bleeding out, the laminated card could save your life!EDIT: I forgot to mention, what the heck do you mean 'the one thing' you find frustrating? I know there has got to be more than one thing that really frustrates you.... Edited by TheMason

Singers
Posted
Posted
I think we've all been there at one time or another. Just take her phone when she isn't looking and add the numbers to it. If you get in an accident, she'll have them available to her. Also put together a package labeled 'Open in case I get hit by a jeep or some other tragedy' and include all your contact, insurance, and financial info. Put it in an envelope and tell your wife where it is.I also carry a laminated card in my wallet that has my relatives (both US and RP) contact info on it in case my wife isn't around when I get in an accident. If you get hit by a jeep, and nobody steals your wallet while you're slowly bleeding out, the laminated card could save your life!EDIT: I forgot to mention, what the heck do you mean 'the one thing' you find frustrating? I know there has got to be more than one thing that really frustrates you....
Some years ago I was told that emergency Services/Police World Wide will check a victims Cell 'phone for a ICE entry?? "In Case of Emergency".I have my No. on Tex's phone AND her sisters No. under ICE. Tex is entered on my 'Phone under ICE also.I have never checked if the ICE no is checked for by Police Etc..??UK Tom

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
I think we've all been there at one time or another. Just take her phone when she isn't looking and add the numbers to it. If you get in an accident, she'll have them available to her. Also put together a package labeled 'Open in case I get hit by a jeep or some other tragedy' and include all your contact, insurance, and financial info. Put it in an envelope and tell your wife where it is.I also carry a laminated card in my wallet that has my relatives (both US and RP) contact info on it in case my wife isn't around when I get in an accident. If you get hit by a jeep, and nobody steals your wallet while you're slowly bleeding out, the laminated card could save your life!EDIT: I forgot to mention, what the heck do you mean 'the one thing' you find frustrating? I know there has got to be more than one thing that really frustrates you....
Some years ago I was told that emergency Services/Police World Wide will check a victims Cell 'phone for a ICE entry?? "In Case of Emergency".I have my No. on Tex's phone AND her sisters No. under ICE. Tex is entered on my 'Phone under ICE also.I have never checked if the ICE no is checked for by Police Etc..??UK Tom
Checked Google and found, <http://www.washingto...5071700879.html>A UK, East Anglia, Paramedics idea!Also found: Telstra is encouraging Australian mobile phone users to store the name and number of a family member or friend in their handsets to be contacted In Case Of Emergencies (ICE), so Australians may benefit from faster contact and advice in times of crisis. Edited by Mr. Lee

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
1%20%28103%29.gif The one thing I find so frustrating about the Philippine culture is that they will not listen when it comes to planning for some thing in-case a disaster strikes.For example tonight I am trying to tell my wife who to contact if I got sick or run over by a jeepney,I am trying to tell her which one of my sisters has the details of my travel insurance in case its needed for hospital expenses,I am trying to tell her to put Lee and Nilas number into her phone as they maybe able to help her and if my phone was crushed by the jeepney then she has contact numbers but its damn hard when she has her fingers in her ears and says nothing will ever happen. :wt-hell: I give up
I am "there" also at the moment .....:lol:
I made my will when we married and took Tex to meet "her" Solicitor, a Lady, so she would be at ease "when" dealing with her in the future.That was 3 years ago. It was like drawing teeth without anaesthetic getting Tex to listen and then go to the Solicitors offices with me.!!NOW, yesterday, she said if my Ex or sons wanted money from my estate she would give to them rather than have any "trouble"..... I told her I would come back and "HAUNT" her for going against my wishes ... That got :th_thholysheep: in response. I have visited the Lawyer and added a "Codicil" to hinder any family claims. Drives me nuts!!:th_thholysheep: :th_thholysheep: :no: Edited by Singers

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I used to find many things frustrating and I still get frustrated from time to time but that is often how people in mixed culture marriages will find themselves feeling. The issue of death is something that takes a lot of time to get some Filipinos to accept because it is the same as the issue of dealing with the future and many Filipinos just live for today. I solved this issue by writing up what I feel is important and then putting it in an envelope and putting it in a safe place that my wife could find, but she now accepts the reality of death as many of my friends have died during our marriage, so she knows it does happen and can even happen to people much younger than I am because some of my younger friends have died during the years of our marriage. Good luck with the issue but surely do not let it upset you and just try to arrange with a trusted friend to handle the contacts should it become necessary, which I hope is many, many, many years down the road.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Its a complex one and its got mixed solutions for myself. Firstly there are insurance policies etc. in the UK which deal with things there (because I have a daughter still in the UK). In the Philippines its a bit more complicated as ideally im hoping to have built quite a large Co-op business by then with different members of family so that its a collective and as long as they all keep slogging along it will take care of itself as its based on the next 5 years getting it where I want it to be and assets that "cannot" be sold. As there is already enough income to fund the future and retirements of everyone involved give it 5 years should be enough for 30 - 40 close family and friends. Could say its more of a legacy to leave behind but thats a bad word to use in the Philippines...The important factor is not to get frustrated but to find a solution to the problem and it may be easier to get a relative offshore (or few) to keep your location of will etc. than trying to get someone who doesnt want to hear listen.