Woman Stabbed Dead By Newly Hired Maid

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

To have a maid or not to have a maid? While I do not have to concern myself with this because my wife likes to do her own work around the house and we both enjoy our privacy, many other couples seem to feel the need to have a maid or helper around the house, so the question for those of you who have had maids or who currently have maids, how did it work out for you and if it worked out, where did you find your maid or helper and if it did not work out, why do you think it did not work out for you? I wonder if this is going to turn out to be one of those stories where the husband hired a hit woman (maid). MANILA, Philippines - Police are hot on the trail of a housemaid who allegedly stabbed dead her employer yesterday, just two days after she was hired, in Quezon City. Aguila’s family told authorities the victim’s two cell phones and an undetermined amount of money were missing. Aguilar’s mother, Josefina Pisang, went to her daughter’s house and found her daughter’s body, which had a 14-inch bolo still stuck in it. A day before Aguilar was killed, her husband allegedly hired the maid to work for them.Link to this story

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Thing is if your living in an area that is family related (like me and April ie its a Clan area) finding help isnt so difficult. infact most of the people who do things for us are related in some way. We have a Yaya starting tomorrow (1 of 3 depending which one turns up and how they get on). We also have a laundry woman the important thing we find is keeping people out of the house.. we don't let staff come to the house like the laundry they do it at the compound and the Yaya will be living at Aprils parents. Not because we thing we are better than anyone else its just that keeping peoples eyes away from things that may lead to temptation and problems is better than giving people the free run of the properties. I also have a Filipino friend who has several helpers/maids etc. and have moved them to day working because they were stealing food during the day when they were at work. Im a strong believer in trust being earned not given freely.

Mik
Posted
Posted

I bought a good washing machine. It's reliable and always ready to work..

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
I bought a good washing machine. It's reliable and always ready to work..
We have a washing machine as well but it doesnt iron.. also its laundry for six people.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Please understand that I do not mean to be a wise guy with this comment but I am just trying to understand the need for a maid. Back in our home countries, well at least in the US, most of us normal everyday people never had maids and I grew up in a family without a maid and only the very rich people in my circle of friends have a maid and they live in mansions and earn really big money, so I find it hard to understand why anyone here needs a maid, even when they might have 5 children. My wife cleans the house and does our laundry, and my wife was down on the floor scrapping paint off the floor in our condo after it was painted when we first moved in and she does this happily because she did not grow up with maids and feels that it is her job, so is it peer pressure that makes some people have a maid or are there real needs such as working too many hours to take care of the home?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Here's my chance to stay in the Philippines,need to buy a dress first but I can do washing,I can concrete and build many things and even manage an internet cafe.When do I start??SugarwareZ-005.gif

Singers
Posted
Posted
Here's my chance to stay in the Philippines,need to buy a dress first but I can do washing,I can concrete and build many things and even manage an internet cafe.When do I start??SugarwareZ-005.gif
In Pi we have a young student (19) neighbour, she, washes our clothes, by hand outdoors and often in the rain, for a few Peso & food & Fun chat.Your Job interview Question Tom -- IS -- Can you pass the wet Tshirt visual as she does??... I NEVER look :whistling:if I did 'Madam Le Guilotine' would be employed by Tex.!In the Antipodes - I fear!!.:cool_beans:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
In Pi we have a young student (19) neighbour, she, washes our clothes, by hand outdoors and often in the rain, for a few Peso & food & Fun chat.Your Job interview Question Tom -- IS -- Can you pass the wet Tshirt visual as she does??... I NEVER look :whistling:if I did 'Madam Le Guilotine' would be employed by Tex.!In the Antipodes - I fear!!.:cool_beans:
It just so has it Singers,I can complete with long hair SugarwareZ-005.gifpost-1-12687515242044_thumb.jpg

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
It just so has it Singers,I can complete with long hair SugarwareZ-005.gifpost-1-12687515242044_thumb.jpg
Brilliant!! SugarwareZ-011.gif AND a D cup!! SugarwareZ-225.gif Edited by Singers