Taxiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

For most of my taxi travels the drivers drive in typical Filipino style but why is it a few seem to be in a great hurry,you would think it would be of benefit to them to diver slower. Yesterday was a a bad taxi day for us,going to the SM was like being on the race track and then leaving almost ended in disaster. As we headed off from SM the traffic come to a stop in the center lane but our taxi put the foot down and passed on the right,at the very moment he was almost side by side with the stopped 4 wheel drive 4 kids stepped into our path from the front of the stopped car,our taxi locked up the brakes and we missed those kids by a very narrow margin. Why are they in a hurry?wosautos121.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
For most of my taxi travels the drivers drive in typical Filipino style but why is it a few seem to be in a great hurry,you would think it would be of benefit to them to diver slower. Yesterday was a a bad taxi day for us,going to the SM was like being on the race track and then leaving almost ended in disaster. As we headed off from SM the traffic come to a stop in the center lane but our taxi put the foot down and passed on the right,at the very moment he was almost side by side with the stopped 4 wheel drive 4 kids stepped into our path from the front of the stopped car,our taxi locked up the brakes and we missed those kids by a very narrow margin. Why are they in a hurry?wosautos121.gif
It is because of the meter down p30 which is the most they usually make for each fare without really working for. They also dream of the long rides way outside the city where they can charge the passengers way more than a meter ride. My wife and I regularly talk to the drivers and many then respond asking us if we will be taking any trips outside the city and would we please use them if we plan any. Since we are all seen as rich, then they feel we all surely go to all the vacation spots.

paul
Posted
Posted
Mate, it's not only in taxis. When the door open on an elevator, they want to get on the elevator before you can get off, usually. Well, not when I am getting of the elevator, though. They don't have room to pass me, as I fill the entire opening. :gday: When they go to get on an escalator, they do the same thing. Lee mentioned accidents. If you are in the province, you will see that accidents are typically much worse in the provincial areas as apposed to the accidents you may encounter in the cities. Often, I see them blow past me on motorcycles and cars, just to stop about 10 meters ahead of me. If they are on motorcycles, I have seen them put their lives in grave danger, passing between two opposing buses, or other large trucks - just to make it a few meters ahead of where they are.