So I Got Married; And Stuff

parksb2
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi all, I'm more a lurker than a poster.My wife and I met May 16 2008, a whirlwind romance ensued and we were married Aug 2, 2008. We've since moved to Canada.Odds are you're marrying Catholic you'll need to.Get the Cenomar, Get the licence, take the class, to marry in the church get a letter from a priest saying you haven't been married in a local Catholic parish in your native county (big challenge), interview, get married.... and then enjoy life. :gday: I took 8 months with the assistance of a decent immigration lawyer for us to re-unite in Canada. Many a foreigner comes the phils looking for romance but many are more in love with with their idea of love or some other shallow aspect. Be wary first of your own motives as if they're misplaced surely will your fortunes be also, and depending on whom you marry you may be breaking some lovely girls heart or giving some vapid vulture fresh carrion. A prospect no one deserves. I've seen guys with what appeared to be lovely young ladies in tow, the gals set eyes on my "fresh young" 40 yr old face and were suddenly in love... yucks for both; poor guy is oblivious and the gal just wants ???? I lucked out, I went to the phils to get away and maybe maybe meet "the" girl. I met several girls but non was "the" one till my last day there as I was headed back to the western world, Lee & Nila said well go out one last date for fun, no expectations. What a date, I meet my Hope that night and neither of us knew what would happen, but we both wanted to see one another again..Let's just say from there things worked out really well.Happy wife = Happy lifePS Hi Lee & Nila :) and regards Bagun !!

post-106-126860878907_thumb.jpg

Edited by parksb2

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted
Hi all, I'm more a lurker than a poster.My wife and I met May 16 2008, a whirlwind romance ensued and we were married Aug 2, 2008. We've since moved to Canada.Odds are you're marrying Catholic you'll need to.Get the Cenomar, Get the licence, take the class, to marry in the church get a letter from a priest saying you haven't been married in a local Catholic parish in your native county (big challenge), interview, get married.... and then enjoy life. :) I took 8 months with the assistance of a decent immigration lawyer for us to re-unite in Canada. Many a foreigner comes the phils looking for romance but many are more in love with with their idea of love or some other shallow aspect. Be wary first of your own motives as if they're misplaced surely will your fortunes be also, and depending on whom you marry you may be breaking some lovely girls heart or giving some vapid vulture fresh carrion. A prospect no one deserves. I've seen guys with what appeared to be lovely young ladies in tow, the gals set eyes on my "fresh young" 40 yr old face and were suddenly in love... yucks for both; poor guy is oblivious and the gal just wants ???? I lucked out, I went to the phils to get away and maybe maybe meet "the" girl. I met several girls but non was "the" one till my last day there as I was headed back to the western world, Lee & Nila said well go out one last date for fun, no expectations. What a date, I meet my Hope that night and neither of us knew what would happen, but we both wanted to see one another again..Let's just say from there things worked out really well.Happy wife = Happy lifePS Hi Lee & Nila :) and regards Bagun !!
Hi Bruce and Hope. Good that you two found each other because you two are the perfect couple. :gday: You two are proof that persistence to find the perfect soul mate really does pay off. :)

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi all, I'm more a lurker than a poster.My wife and I met May 16 2008, a whirlwind romance ensued and we were married Aug 2, 2008. We've since moved to Canada.Odds are you're marrying Catholic you'll need to.Get the Cenomar, Get the licence, take the class, to marry in the church get a letter from a priest saying you haven't been married in a local Catholic parish in your native county (big challenge), interview, get married.... and then enjoy life. :) I took 8 months with the assistance of a decent immigration lawyer for us to re-unite in Canada. Many a foreigner comes the phils looking for romance but many are more in love with with their idea of love or some other shallow aspect. Be wary first of your own motives as if they're misplaced surely will your fortunes be also, and depending on whom you marry you may be breaking some lovely girls heart or giving some vapid vulture fresh carrion. A prospect no one deserves. I've seen guys with what appeared to be lovely young ladies in tow, the gals set eyes on my "fresh young" 40 yr old face and were suddenly in love... yucks for both; poor guy is oblivious and the gal just wants ???? I lucked out, I went to the phils to get away and maybe maybe meet "the" girl. I met several girls but non was "the" one till my last day there as I was headed back to the western world, Lee & Nila said well go out one last date for fun, no expectations. What a date, I meet my Hope that night and neither of us knew what would happen, but we both wanted to see one another again..Let's just say from there things worked out really well.Happy wife = Happy lifePS Hi Lee & Nila :) and regards Bagun !!
Hi Bruce. I guess since Hope is like our daughter, that makes Nila and I your in-laws,

Travis
Posted
Posted
Hi all, I'm more a lurker than a poster.My wife and I met May 16 2008, a whirlwind romance ensued and we were married Aug 2, 2008. We've since moved to Canada.Odds are you're marrying Catholic you'll need to.Get the Cenomar, Get the licence, take the class, to marry in the church get a letter from a priest saying you haven't been married in a local Catholic parish in your native county (big challenge), interview, get married.... and then enjoy life. smile.gif I took 8 months with the assistance of a decent immigration lawyer for us to re-unite in Canada. Many a foreigner comes the phils looking for romance but many are more in love with with their idea of love or some other shallow aspect. Be wary first of your own motives as if they're misplaced surely will your fortunes be also, and depending on whom you marry you may be breaking some lovely girls heart or giving some vapid vulture fresh carrion. A prospect no one deserves. I've seen guys with what appeared to be lovely young ladies in tow, the gals set eyes on my "fresh young" 40 yr old face and were suddenly in love... yucks for both; poor guy is oblivious and the gal just wants ???? I lucked out, I went to the phils to get away and maybe maybe meet "the" girl. I met several girls but non was "the" one till my last day there as I was headed back to the western world, Lee & Nila said well go out one last date for fun, no expectations. What a date, I meet my Hope that night and neither of us knew what would happen, but we both wanted to see one another again..Let's just say from there things worked out really well.Happy wife = Happy lifePS Hi Lee & Nila smile.gif and regards Bagun !!
I like that saying happy wife = happy life so could you please tell me how you met your wife? I have tried the on the ground thing & so far it has not worked for me. I know how Lee met his wife & I wonder how others who are happy met their wife?

parksb2
Posted
Posted (edited)
I like that saying happy wife = happy life so could you please tell me how you met your wife? I have tried the on the ground thing & so far it has not worked for me. I know how Lee met his wife & I wonder how others who are happy met their wife?
As in your other thread same value.. blue text is additional info. If you're in Cebu and a foreigner meeting women in the mall is tough; most "attractive" women there get hit on 20x per day by foreigners. Let's just say a lot of those guys don't make for good international ambassadors.Deep questions. Here's my FWIW - for what it's worth1 . "Blind date"; I had been fixed up a few times; in numerous places with numerous faces. I went on the net FH is the site posted and ad; very frank ad. My wife was the only one of dozens of responses (I emailed her saying you have a unique profile etc etc; and she really did it was the only profile I saw with intellect behind it to my mind) who wasn't a "seeking soulmate/life partner; shaft full of money; ulterior motives; you're the most gwpao, buotan, charming man ever" response. We agreed after brief banter 3 to 4 emails to meet face to face to see if we at least got along. It was lets meet at Ayala (nice and public so we can bail if either of us get uncomfortable), near the Bo's and just chat, if we can carry conversation then dinner maybe. We've gotten along ever since. Bear in mind neither of us had violins in mind and/or visions of cupid over our shoulders going in. We both simply knew we weren't about to meet someone for a run of the mill date. We both left with the desire to see the other person, I left knowing I really wanted to see her again that was it. 2. A happy marriage is knowing you're not perfect nor is she. Setting expectations upfront as much as you can. When each of you wants the other to be happy and yourself to be happy thats when it works; at least for us.Best of luck, and know yourself first. What you want, why you want it. Also relax about it, just say this to yourself and know it's true " it will happen if it's right". Trying to hard is a guaranteed way to run down the wrong paths. I met my wife having essentially given up on finding a partner, I just went out to have some fun, good conversation with someone pretty that was it..Decent ladies don't care about your looks, house, car, job, scars from being reckless, size of stamp collection you name it.. they're interested in you because you're you.. If all you are is the prior then expect no more interest than that.. But you need to be presentable, and have something on the ball.Decent men don't care about your looks, house, car, job, scars from being reckless, size of stamp collection you name it.. they're interested in you because you're you.. If all you are is the prior then expect no more interest than that.. But you need to be presentable, and have something on the ball. Edited by Mr. Lee
repair quotes

Travis
Posted
Posted (edited)
As in your other thread same value.. blue text is additional info. If you're in Cebu and a foreigner meeting women in the mall is tough; most "attractive" women there get hit on 20x per day by foreigners. Let's just say a lot of those guys don't make for good international ambassadors.Deep questions. Here's my FWIW - for what it's worth1 . "Blind date"; I had been fixed up a few times; in numerous places with numerous faces. I went on the net FH is the site posted and ad; very frank ad. My wife was the only one of dozens of responses (I emailed her saying you have a unique profile etc etc; and she really did it was the only profile I saw with intellect behind it to my mind) who wasn't a "seeking soulmate/life partner; shaft full of money; ulterior motives; you're the most gwpao, buotan, charming man ever" response. We agreed after brief banter 3 to 4 emails to meet face to face to see if we at least got along. It was lets meet at Ayala (nice and public so we can bail if either of us get uncomfortable), near the Bo's and just chat, if we can carry conversation then dinner maybe. We've gotten along ever since. Bear in mind neither of us had violins in mind and/or visions of cupid over our shoulders going in. We both simply knew we weren't about to meet someone for a run of the mill date. We both left with the desire to see the other person, I left knowing I really wanted to see her again that was it. 2. A happy marriage is knowing you're not perfect nor is she. Setting expectations upfront as much as you can. When each of you wants the other to be happy and yourself to be happy thats when it works; at least for us.Best of luck, and know yourself first. What you want, why you want it. Also relax about it, just say this to yourself and know it's true " it will happen if it's right". Trying to hard is a guaranteed way to run down the wrong paths. I met my wife having essentially given up on finding a partner, I just went out to have some fun, good conversation with someone pretty that was it..Decent ladies don't care about your looks, house, car, job, scars from being reckless, size of stamp collection you name it.. they're interested in you because you're you.. If all you are is the prior then expect no more interest than that.. But you need to be presentable, and have something on the ball.Decent men don't care about your looks, house, car, job, scars from being reckless, size of stamp collection you name it.. they're interested in you because you're you.. If all you are is the prior then expect no more interest than that.. But you need to be presentable, and have something on the ball.
thank you Edited by Mr. Lee
Repair quotes