To The Happy Married Women

Travis
Posted
Posted

how did you meet your husband? & why do you think you have a happy marriage?

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted
I met Lee via letters when a coworker friend gave me his address, and our marriage is a great one because we both accept that neither of us is perfect and we both try our best to make our partners happiness a priority. Many of the white guys I have met who are with Philippine ladies think their needs and wants come first and seem very selfish and insecure to me and maybe that is why their relationships may eventually be doomed when their ladies meet a man who is kind, considerate and self assured.

Jake
Posted
Posted
I met Lee via letters when a coworker friend gave me his address, and our marriage is a great one because we both accept that neither of us is perfect and we both try our best to make our partners happiness a priority. Many of the white guys I have met who are with Philippine ladies think their needs and wants come first and seem very selfish and insecure to me and maybe that is why their relationships may eventually be doomed when their ladies meet a man who is kind, considerate and self assured. Lee suggested that I also add that many of the Filipino ladies have dollar signs in their eyes and may be with some of the men for the wrong reasons, so be sure to pick a lady who wants you for you and not for your money. Men who throw money at women and try to buy them may find that the women they end up with will be women who expect the money flow to increase with time. My advice would be to not try to buy a ladies love with money and large gifts because it is the thought that counts and not the cost of the gifts.
Thank you Nila for your excellent advice that is coming from a Filipina's point of view. All too often the newly arrived Expat/touristwould assume the Philippines is an exotic paradise that offers many opportunities to indulge in false fantasies and false hopes. Thiswonderful forum provides valuable lessons learned from those who either fell into that trap or more importantly has succeeded indiscovering the true paradise of the Philippines.Warmest regards to you and Lee -- Jake

Travis
Posted
Posted

thank you for the replies & I would appreciate it if more married people would reply