Suzuki Scrum Vans

Inspector
Posted
Posted

I am looking to purchase a vehicle. Yes, I have my license and have driven in Manhattan many years, so traffic I am used to and I know how to flip the finger while picking my nose. Anyway, I have heard that these surplus vehicles make great transportation, parts are readily available, good on gas, and reliable. Does anybody have any negatives, or horror stories? They seem to sell at around 125-150 thousand, and while I can afford a new car, I find them brutal investments, despite the smell. Any opinions?Anybody know of any with working air cons that are for sale? I see quite a few at some dealerships, but would rather use a well trusted recommendation and avoid the white tax.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I am looking to purchase a vehicle. Yes, I have my license and have driven in Manhattan many years, so traffic I am used to and I know how to flip the finger while picking my nose. Anyway, I have heard that these surplus vehicles make great transportation, parts are readily available, good on gas, and reliable. Does anybody have any negatives, or horror stories? They seem to sell at around 125-150 thousand, and while I can afford a new car, I find them brutal investments, despite the smell. Any opinions?Anybody know of any with working air cons that are for sale? I see quite a few at some dealerships, but would rather use a well trusted recommendation and avoid the white tax.
I have no experience or direct horror stories to relate, only a reminder to all who wish to buy a vehicle to remember about the recent floods in Manila, so buying one that never left Cebu would be a way to be assured of not getting a flood repaired car. :dance: I would surely not trust a dealer for not only the white tax but the possibility of getting one of those flood repaired vehicles.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
I have no experience or direct horror stories to relate, only a reminder to all who wish to buy a vehicle to remember about the recent floods in Manila, so buying one that never left Cebu would be a way to be assured of not getting a flood repaired car. :woohoo: I would surely not trust a dealer for not only the white tax but the possibility of getting one of those flood repaired vehicles.
Excellent advice Mr Lee...no car fax reports here. :dance:

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

To be honest I would buy some old scrum as its likely to show a bit of rust and easy to repair. Because generally what people do is a quick respray patch up and then double the cost.. e.g. my scrum is worth about P47,000 currently. If i resprayed and filled the holes P100k and then I would finance it for even more money..lol