Sports Bar

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

What are the best sports bars/general bars or places with music here in Cebu? :dance:

mike
Posted
Posted
What are the best sports bars/general bars or places with music here in Cebu? :dance:
Yeah and are they any good!! can u get a good selection of sports. I just done watching Bangladesh V England at Cricket, not so much good but sure is off beat and available!! Watched all the 6 nations rugby games etc.But then again this is in Manila and not Cebu.Had dinner in the bar as well Lamb cutlets mashed potato and mixed veggies and yes mint sauce lolMusic was ok then it got toned down for the sports enthusiasts etc.Just Hope Cebu can match.

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted (edited)
My choices:-Badgers - live music most nights I think, food OK, nice atmosphere.Jokers Arms - no music, great food, great atmosphere.Gustavian - occasional music, fantastic food but pricey, no atmosphere.El Gecko - no music,OK food, nice cosy atmosphere but very small.Paul Edited by ancienrocka

Markham
Posted
Posted
What are the best sports bars/general bars or places with music here in Cebu? :551:
My choices:-Badgers - live music most nights I think, food OK, nice atmosphere.Jokers Arms - no music, great food, great atmosphere.Gustavian - occasional music, fantastic food but pricey, no atmosphere.El Gecko - no music,OK food, nice cosy atmosphere but very small.Paul
Badgers has gone downhill quickly over the last few months and has given-up all daytime opening. It recently lost its chef to Jokers, much to Jackie's annoyance, and the quality has gone. I had the "All Day Breakfast" there last evening and everything on the plate was cold. Most disappointing. I would not be at all surprised if it's not up for sale in a few months. Only imported beer is canned Guinness. Only live music on Friday nights. Oh and now there's a P200 charge to play pool!Jokers Arms' food is generally good although the last time I ate there, the Toad-in-the-Hole was uncooked as were the sausages. It remains the only place in the Philippines - that I know of - that serves fresh Lincolnshire Brussels Sprouts. Watch-out though as there's a 10% Service Charge and 12% VAT added to the bill. Good range of imported beers - including some on draft. Inattentive staff is an issue there.I will never eat at Gustavian ever again having been ripped-off for their so-called four course Valentines Day dinner. Enuf said!It's probably too late at night for you Paul :cheersty: when you've been to El Gecko but the place is somewhat larger that it seems as you walk in the door. The upstairs area is really rather large! And they do have music but it's very much in the background so that you can conduct a conversation without shouting.Mark

brock
Posted
Posted

Ninoys, Baseline, Live music at Brews point every night, open air but with a roof, juana osmena

• 2 weeks later...
Inspector
Posted
Posted

Jokers Arms fish and chip review:They need to learn the art of double dipping so they can get a crisp beer coating around the fish...it was soggy beyond belief. 7_4_17[1].gifNice place otherwise.