Need Some Reassurance-Any Kind Words Would Be Appreciated

mkris7
Posted
Posted

Hello group,Feeling kinda blue right about now because I was unable to make it to PI this year due to a family emergency. I have been planning to move there in the futureand in mean time, I am working hard here as a professional in the US getting all my financial ducks in a row, if everything goes right I will take a early retirementin 6 years at the age of 50. The last 5 years I have gotten myself out of debt, saved aggressively and pretty much on track. But I need the yearly dose that reminds me that "the dream" is not a Zillion miles away. I never thought I would miss my yearly time in PI so much! So I will have to wait until next March or April before Ihave enough vacation time to go again. When I think about it, I guess that yearly dose keeps me motivated and feeling alive. It reminds of what I am working so hard for..Well, to all you that are enjoying "home" there, may God continue to bless you!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hello group,Feeling kinda blue right about now because I was unable to make it to PI this year due to a family emergency. I have been planning to move there in the futureand in mean time, I am working hard here as a professional in the US getting all my financial ducks in a row, if everything goes right I will take a early retirementin 6 years at the age of 50. The last 5 years I have gotten myself out of debt, saved aggressively and pretty much on track. But I need the yearly dose that reminds me that "the dream" is not a Zillion miles away. I never thought I would miss my yearly time in PI so much! So I will have to wait until next March or April before Ihave enough vacation time to go again. When I think about it, I guess that yearly dose keeps me motivated and feeling alive. It reminds of what I am working so hard for..Well, to all you that are enjoying "home" there, may God continue to bless you!
Welcome to the forum. Hang in there, next year will be here before you know it.

Singers
Posted
Posted
Welcome to the forum. Hang in there, next year will be here before you know it.
Yes "Tempus Fugit" Time flies and planning a trip for next year can be fun and keep you focused. Good LUCK.7_3_205[1].gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I know how you feel,its been 2 years since my last visit here and only a few more days before heading back to reality.Hope it wont be 2 more years before I get back again. :thumbs-up-smile:

cebuexpat
Posted
Posted (edited)

I know what you are saying. I can remember when I would be waiting to come here. Best thing i used to do is not think about it as i missed it, But think ok, concentrate on work and earning and saving so when I do go I wont have to worry about anything. I will be set to stay.... Use the time for a benefit and dont think about it as a missed opportunity. Remember the time you missed by coming here is that much more you can earn and save for the next time you come.Hope that helps. I have never been good at encouagement.........

Edited by cebuexpat

love2winalot
Posted
Posted

Hiya: Turn a negative into a positive. If you are visiting yearly, and later will retire here, and you have missed this visit, then what just happened? You saved a lot of money on a airline ticket you did not have to buy. You missed the chaos of being here during Elections. You missed being here when the US $ is only 45.5 to the Peso. All this should leave you heartbroken.................... SugarwareZ-225.gif "NOT"So, now take advantage of having found this board. Start getting the Info together that you need, not to visit here next year, "But to retire here in 5 years". It is never to early to get started. Where will you live? What type of transportation will you use? What do you need to bring with you, that you can not buy here, or would want here? If you drive here, you can go to Google, and download street maps of every area in the country. There is a lot of things you can be planning, so as to be able to hit the ground running upon arrival.

mkris7
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone for your responses, it really help me put things into perspective and get over the blues!!!! God bless everyone!!!

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Thing is there is the other side of it which a lot of people forget which is to prepare to make the move. So many people arrive and "wish" they had brought extra this or that or sent over bits of equipment,tools etc. for home projects. What do I do when I am in the UK working waiting to come back I start shopping and shipping Balikbayan boxes of all the stuff I need/miss when I am in the Philippines believe me it soon fills the days when your working as well because your spare time is shopping time instead being able to sit around. I already have my shopping list for when I go back to the UK next year of goods we need mostly equipment for construction as its about 2/3 of the price or even if I buy second hand in the UK its nearly not worth a thing but in RP a quick spray of paint and its brand new..lol Also you have to phase into retirement just stopping is a killer.. literally as you need to find ways to occupy your time besides San Miguel so working out how you will fill your time and where you will retire are all things that are going to affect your retirement so planning ahead is essential to a happy retirement. I have been in and out of Cebu for nearly 3 years now im in my 30s and already able to stay without doing a days work but have another 5 years at least of projects I want to do. Each will involve leaving and coming back to the Philippines with more money to get the projects bought,constructed and up and running.. so when you mentioned your 5 years to retirement I was thinking you've got the right amount of time to set things up the way you want them thumbs-up-smile.gif