Condos In Cebu

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Some of you may know that member Frank bought a condo in Cebu City similar to our unit earlier this year and my wife and helped him with arranging for the renovations, so below is the links to my photobucket site with pictures of both condos.

love2winalot
Posted
Posted

Wow, verry nice. How did you choose what unit to buy? First available, highest floor, best view, lowest price?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Wow, verry nice. How did you choose what unit to buy? First available, highest floor, best view, lowest price?
My wife and I looked at view and breeze first and then wanted to be away from the elevators, stairs or garbage chutes second but probably just as important because of the noise both could produce and possible bugs from garbage areas. When it came to floor we wanted the highest we could get that was available with 2 units next to each other so we could do what we did, cut a hole in the wall and make it into a 2/2 and then higher floors began the 2 and 3 bedroom units but after people saw what we did then a friend bought below us did the same thing and the builder broke up some of the 3 bedroom units. There were other things that directed us such as the 2 bedroom units were only one bathroom and on the sides of the building next to the elevators or next to the stairs and garbage chute so we did not want them because of probable noise and possible bugs from the chute, and then the 3 bedroom units were on the same side we are on but twice the price and were more space to cool than we really needed, so a lot of thought went into the units we picked and of course price was another consideration and the ones we picked were second choice because first choice was a corner unit and and attached smaller unit which would have become a one bedroom with a very big living room which could have had a convertible sofa bed or Murphy bed for company but this worked out better and one A/C cools the whole place and 2 would have been necessary to cool the corner unit with the smaller unit attached and 3 or 4 would have been necessary to keep all the rooms cool in the 2 or 3 bedroom units, and all that was thought out ahead of time. One thing we found when shopping for real estate anywhere is that we rarely if ever found exactly what we wanted unless I had it built and having a home built in the Philippines was not for us since we go back and forth, and then leaving a completed home unattended was not as safe as leaving a condo, and besides that we did not have anyone in our family that would be able to take care of a home for us although we did try to buy a large piece of land on the west coast of Cebu next to my wifes family prior to buying the condos but that did not work out and I am glad it did not because being right in the city has given us many advantages, such as the shopping and walking distance to Robinson's and Ayala Malls and all the banks we need, as well as food shopping places and everyday life things needed and instead of having to own a car there are taxis waiting outside our building to take us where we do not wish to walk to, and a few weeks back I decided to walk back from SM Mall which is a few miles away but my wife got tired along the way and the heat was brutal so I finally acquiesced and we got into a taxi for the last quarter mile or so, but I did need another shower after the walk. :thumbs-up-smile: :10001: All in all we all have choices to make and I feel it is best to look at every foreseeable problem and situation that we can think of and then try to work them all into our plans. Obviously I like to walk and that also had to fit into our plans so the malls, banks and shopping had to be close by for me to be happy.