Scary For Us, But Funny For Benny.

love2winalot
Posted
Posted

Hiya: Benny was 24 at the time, and has down syndrome. He loves to sit in the front seat when I am driving, beep the horn, and listen to my, "Meatloaf" tape. We were in the Toyota HiAce we just bought at subic motors, going from Morong to our other small house in Manilla. There was something wrong with the right rear brake, as it was not releasing properly. We had no idea it was happening. It was causing the entire brake/drum/rim/tire to overheat. My brotherinlaw was following us in his van. On the expressway, going 110kph the right rear tire blew out....................................., the van would slide tto the left, and i would turn to the left, and slide to the right, and i would turn to the right, this stops it from tipping over. My wife, sisterinlaw, the maid, and their kids were all screaming...............................But Benny was Laughing as hard as he could. When we slowed down enough for me to pull off the road, Everyone was glad i had been driving, instead of one of them.................But Benny wanted to go do it again............

Travis
Posted
Posted
Hiya: Benny was 24 at the time, and has down syndrome. He loves to sit in the front seat when I am driving, beep the horn, and listen to my, "Meatloaf" tape. We were in the Toyota HiAce we just bought at subic motors, going from Morong to our other small house in Manilla. There was something wrong with the right rear brake, as it was not releasing properly. We had no idea it was happening. It was causing the entire brake/drum/rim/tire to overheat. My brotherinlaw was following us in his van. On the expressway, going 110kph the right rear tire blew out....................................., the van would slide tto the left, and i would turn to the left, and slide to the right, and i would turn to the right, this stops it from tipping over. My wife, sisterinlaw, the maid, and their kids were all screaming...............................But Benny was Laughing as hard as he could. When we slowed down enough for me to pull off the road, Everyone was glad i had been driving, instead of one of them.................But Benny wanted to go do it again............
happy you are all ok & that benny found it funny. not to insult his condition but not knowing something is better than worrying how it will turn out maybe he is better off than many of us are & we should learn from him