Ab+ Blood Needed In Talisay

paul
Posted
Posted

Early this year, David Whittall's mother-in-law needed blood. I donated at that time. I will do so again, as long as the hospital will accept my blood. However, since donating for her back then, I have found out that I have high blood pressure and take regular medication for it. The medicine I am on is called Cardiosel.In the US, if you have high blood pressure, you are ineligible to be a donor. However, someone told me, Bob Ward I believe, that here in the Philippines, that doesn't necessarily apply. Either way, if the hospital does not accept my blood, they may need other donors. I will keep you posted, as I know something.I have attached his request at the bottom of this post:

Hi there I am David Whittall married to Sha-Sha (Salome), living in Talisay City, CEBU, as some already know.Sha-Sha's Mother, from Barili, was back in the ICU @ Cebu South General Hospital, yesterday Having suffered from a Stroke and a Heart Attack back in February, and survived that, with treatment, However, 'Mama' has been on Kidney Dialysis sessions twice a week since then.Yesterday she had a bit of a setback and they suggested putting her in the ICU.Today they say she really needs Blood TransfusionMama is Type 'AB+' BloodSince the Doctors asking for Blood Type 'AB+' it must be for 'Plasma', 'Whole Blood' or some other special reason?The first volunteers did not check out from the Blood Screening, and the Red Cross in Cebu may not have enough units, so this is why my wife wants me to launch this appeal for Donors of Blood Type 'AB+'Best ask Now before it become it becomes critical!Contact Salome Whittall on 0927 3718611Thanks

brock
Posted
Posted (edited)
Early this year, David Whittall's mother-in-law needed blood. I donated at that time. I will do so again, as long as the hospital will accept my blood. However, since donating for her back then, I have found out that I have high blood pressure and take regular medication for it. The medicine I am on is called Cardiosel.In the US, if you have high blood pressure, you are ineligible to be a donor. However, someone told me, Bob Ward I believe, that here in the Philippines, that doesn't necessarily apply. Either way, if the hospital does not accept my blood, they may need other donors. I will keep you posted, as I know something.I have attached his request at the bottom of this post:Hi PaulMy wife has ab+ blood and has offered to help, left her phone number but no reply yet.update...David and Sha Sha took my wife to the hospital to give blood, but the nurse said my wifes veins were too small ?, cant understand that, surely they could have got blood somewhere from her body, I wonder what would happen if ever my wife needed a transfusion, seems funny to me.Brock.
Edited by brock

paul
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey Brock,Yeah, I read that today on the SOS Philippines Yahoo Group, which I hope others will join:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sos_philippines/joinOf course, it says a lot that she tried. That is very important.It takes only a little while, for someone to care enough to donate blood. :36_1_50[1]:

Edited by Paul

brock
Posted
Posted
Hey Brock,Yeah, I read that today on the SOS Philippines Yahoo Group, which I hope others will join:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sos_philippines/joinOf course, it says a lot that she tried. That is very important.It takes only a little while, for someone to care enough to donate blood. :1 (235):
PaulYou and Cheryl have the same blood group so you can always help each other, but she says i need to find someone with san mig in their veins if ever i needed a transfusion.Brock.

paul
Posted
Posted

Brock, if Jack Daniels bourbon would work as a substitute, I will be happy to oblige you man. :1 (235): :welcome: I have recently been introduced to the world of Wild Turkey, Rare Breed. 108.2 Proof, the 75cl bottle I was given. Perhaps that would be more your "type"? :)

brock
Posted
Posted
Brock, if Jack Daniels bourbon would work as a substitute, I will be happy to oblige you man. :1 (235): :welcome: I have recently been introduced to the world of Wild Turkey, Rare Breed. 108.2 Proof, the 75cl bottle I was given. Perhaps that would be more your "type"? :)
Probably kill me, not cure me