Ants - A Fact Of Life In The Philippines

MattFromGA
Posted
Posted

You can try to fight off the ants, and you must if you dont want to be a guest in their ant hive, but its fairly much impossible to be ant free.This morning I found ants in the peanut butter. Someone must have not tightened the lid 100% closed, and thats all it takes for 100 ants to be in the jar within a few hours. I dont like keeping the peanut butter in the fridge because it will get hard and is difficult to spread.I also like drip coffee. I keep a nice glass jar of sugar by the coffee maker on the counter. Even though the glass jar has a rubber seal on it and a mason jar type lid, the ants WILL get into the jar every day if I dont also keep the glass jar of sugar in a bowl of water. If the jar of sugar is touching another item, the ants will crawl over that item to get to the sugar. If we let the water in the bowl get stagnant it will develop a film on the water, which the ants will walk over to get to the sugar.I really am starting to think that the world belongs to the ants first, and we humans are a guest in their house!cool_beans.gif

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
You can try to fight off the ants, and you must if you dont want to be a guest in their ant hive, but its fairly much impossible to be ant free.This morning I found ants in the peanut butter. Someone must have not tightened the lid 100% closed, and thats all it takes for 100 ants to be in the jar within a few hours. I dont like keeping the peanut butter in the fridge because it will get hard and is difficult to spread.I also like drip coffee. I keep a nice glass jar of sugar by the coffee maker on the counter. Even though the glass jar has a rubber seal on it and a mason jar type lid, the ants WILL get into the jar every day if I dont also keep the glass jar of sugar in a bowl of water. If the jar of sugar is touching another item, the ants will crawl over that item to get to the sugar. If we let the water in the bowl get stagnant it will develop a film on the water, which the ants will walk over to get to the sugar.I really am starting to think that the world belongs to the ants first, and we humans are a guest in their house!cool_beans.gif
We used to get ants in our condo and while I am sure that is different than the many you may bet in a ground floor home because we are high up, I used to find an army of them walking up my kitchen cabinets and I could never figure out what the heck they were seeking because I never found them in anything and I also kept everything sealed tight, but them little buggers could smell food many floors up from the ground and once got into out garbage bag which was up on a door handle 3 feet off the ground and did not really have food in it. So last year I bought boric acid and put it in all in the edges of the kitchen counters and put some way back in the cabinets and up in the pipe chases and then put out some sugar, water and boric acid in a few bottle caps that I put around the garbage can and inside the cabinets, and I kept putting water in for a week to keep it wet and I have not found even one of those little bastards in our condo this last couple of months and not even one dead one when we returned this year from being away for months. I am not sure if that will help you or others but it worked for me and there were continual trails of them the years before and even Raid did not even slow them down and they kept returning. Now maybe gone forever. :cheers:
  • Like 1

love2winalot
Posted
Posted

Hiya: Diazon granuales work great. They do not sell it at ace, so i shipped my own. "one of the things you wish you would have brought with you". Using this, and combined with any ant killer spray does the trick. There were thousands at our house in Mornong. Not any more. Like stated above, it is a good idea to follow the trail of ants, before spraying them. Even placing, "Bait", along the pathway, and then adding the poison/spray/ect, gets the Max Kill potential in one treatment. They do not all go away in one day, but they will go away if you keep it up.Now, lets talk Flies??????????????? Thats right, I am hijacking the thread, hehehehe.

• Like 1

UZI
Posted
Posted
Now, lets talk Flies??????????????? Thats right, I am hijacking the thread, hehehehe.
SugarwareZ-024.gifOh no ya don't........!!!! SugarwareZ-011.gifBest thing for dealing with Ants is Baygon Chalk, Ant & Roach Killer. Draw 2-3 lines across doorways & window sills. Keeps the bug...gers out for weeks. Just draw new lines when they disappear. Costs a few Piso for a box of 2.Uzi

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hiya: Diazon granuales work great. They do not sell it at ace, so i shipped my own. "one of the things you wish you would have brought with you". Using this, and combined with any ant killer spray does the trick. There were thousands at our house in Mornong. Not any more. Like stated above, it is a good idea to follow the trail of ants, before spraying them. Even placing, "Bait", along the pathway, and then adding the poison/spray/ect, gets the Max Kill potential in one treatment. They do not all go away in one day, but they will go away if you keep it up.Now, lets talk Flies??????????????? Thats right, I am hijacking the thread, hehehehe.
Flies, did I hear Flies, them Gosh darn flies we can talk about them right there.