R&r Carenderia - Barangay Guadalupe - Cebu City

MattFromGA
Posted
Posted

This place is the best carenderia in the city as far as I am aware. Prices are a bit higher than a sh&t hole carenderia but better than a regular restaurant. They have the typical chafing dishes of high quality filipino dishes, and on Sat and Sun they typically add a couple of western style foods like lasagna. Dishes range from 25 pesos for a high end ginaling to 59 pesos for their beef steak. The lasagna is 79 pesos.They also cook to order a large variety of dishes, of which I like their chicken Cordon Bleu the best. Priced at 180 pesos, you get two large pieces of cordon bleu and a good amount of french fries with a few onion rings thrown in. They also make a good fish and chips plate too.One thing that stands out about R & R is their large tropic fish tank in the back that is loaded with beautiful coral and a wide variety of color fish. They have a large staff of beautiful filipinas that are watchful of their customers and will bring out food to the tables.There are typically a decent group of expats hanging out there in the evenings, but dont be surprised to run into expats at any time of day as they know its a great value for the money. The only down side to R&R is that they have setup their beer prices at a premium - 75 pesos for a grande. Granted, that is still much better than a restobar would normally charge, but the street carenderias in my area are selling grande size beer for 55 pesos, but their food is not as good and the atmosphere isnt there like it is at R&RI highly recommend checking it out if you get a chance. Dont forget to tell them that Matt sent you!