Inspector
Posted
Posted

They have one in Manila...wondering if there are any here in Cebu

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Nothing as good as Costco here IMO but they do have White Gold which is about a block from SM and it is a warehouse type place which has a lot of items, and then Makro which is another place like it and also not far from SM but I did not find either was a great bargain yet IMO White Gold has the best variety of items that we have found here in a Cebu supermarket.Anyone else know of any others?

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Thanks Lee...I will give them a look this weekend. :cheers:

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted
Actually the closest to Costco is Makro. They are located near SM. Just tell in Taxi driver and they will take you there. You can obtain a free membership card.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
Actually the closest to Costco is Makro. They are located near SM. Just tell in Taxi driver and they will take you there. You can obtain a free membership card.
Thanks Gold Heart...I will be there tomorrow. :AddEmoticons04230:

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Oh, BTW...Kirkland is the Costco "brand", and the S & R in Manila carries this brand oddly enough. These are the bottles of vitamins that gives you a bad back carrying it to the checkout counter...enough to last you 7.7 years.

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted
Oh, BTW...Kirkland is the Costco "brand", and the S & R in Manila carries this brand oddly enough. These are the bottles of vitamins that gives you a bad back carrying it to the checkout counter...enough to last you 7.7 years.
Makro is the bulk supplier for SM ... they are more like Sam's club as the warehouse alternative supplier to Walmart. All the products sold in SM departments stores and the super market are sold in bulk. You won't find Kirkland brands.I shopped there today. They have some midnight sale 4/16 ... I'm not sure what that means but they were all wearing hats. If you are there long enough about every 30 minutes they play this welcome greeting and all the workers in the store join in to participate.Let us know what you think after you visit.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
Makro is the bulk supplier for SM ... they are more like Sam's club as the warehouse alternative supplier to Walmart. All the products sold in SM departments stores and the super market are sold in bulk. You won't find Kirkland brands.I shopped there today. They have some midnight sale 4/16 ... I'm not sure what that means but they were all wearing hats. If you are there long enough about every 30 minutes they play this welcome greeting and all the workers in the store join in to participate.Let us know what you think after you visit.
:AddEmoticons04230: