Power Outages Starting Again In Cebu

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I wonder where else this might be happening? This week we have had two outages, the first one on Tuesday lasted an hour and started around 10:15 AM and the one today Thursday was at 10 AM and only lasted maybe 5 minutes. I have read that they put a new coal fired plant online in Cebu, so why still outages? I understand if it would have happened on Monday with all the factories and stores that had been closed for the holiday came back online but Tuesday just did not make sense and if they had enough power for Monday, then they should have been OK on Tuesday, so what is going on?

cebuexpat
Posted
Posted

Here in Maribago on Mactan Island its getting worse... Matter of fact had one about 30 minutes ago and it lasted for 1 hour. Then it has been happening here on regular basis for 1 to 4 hours each time . At least once , sometimes twice per week now.... Not really sure why, or whats going on.. I have heard the locals here say its always like that here when its a real dry summer with not much rain. Again I dont know how the electric is generated here. If its hydro electric, then maybe its something to do with the low rainfall... What ever reason it is, it really sucks. Specially for my buisness. I have a generator, but if you have a group of 30 people watching the show, then the electric goes out, then takes 5 minutes to get the generator on, kindly breaks the mood and ruin the show and the guests experience....

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I wonder where else this might be happening? This week we have had two outages, the first one on Tuesday lasted an hour and started around 10:15 AM and the one today Thursday was at 10 AM and only lasted maybe 5 minutes. I have read that they put a new coal fired plant online in Cebu, so why still outages? I understand if it would have happened on Monday with all the factories and stores that had been closed for the holiday came back online but Tuesday just did not make sense and if they had enough power for Monday, then they should have been OK on Tuesday, so what is going on?
I read a news story yesterday where a power plant had new problems which would put a strain on the power grid including Manila and Cebu,Think I have deleted the story so can not double check. Also one of the oil fired power plants is not working to capacity as they cant keep the supply of oil up needed to run it.

United Army
Posted
Posted
I read a news story yesterday where a power plant had new problems which would put a strain on the power grid including Manila and Cebu,Think I have deleted the story so can not double check. Also one of the oil fired power plants is not working to capacity as they cant keep the supply of oil up needed to run it.
Yes here in Talamban, Cebu I have had power outages almost everyday, each time they seem to last about 1 hr.