Bodo's Beach Bar - Alcoy

MattFromGA
Posted
Posted

Well, I took a drive on my motorcycle from Cebu City down to Alcoy, which took me about 2.5 hours including a small stop to rest. After passing Car-Car, the ride was a step up in enjoyment, where the air is cleaner and the traffic isnt as aggressive. I hadn't gone that far south before, so it was nice to see how the road goes right up to the side of the ocean in places. I stayed at Bodo's Beach Bar, which has a fantastic ocean view, where you can see Bohol. I didnt realize it was that close to Cebu. Bodo's doesnt have a beach, but they do have a small pool. I wouldnt classify it as a beach resort, but there are small beaches in the area you could go to. I had read elsewhere about their prices, but they seem to have gone up. They are now charging 1300+ pesos per night for a room without aircon and 1650+ pesos per night with aircon. That did seem a little expensive given there is no beach on their property, but as I said the views from their restaurant are fantastic.I wound up heading over to the Outlaws MC club house, which is open every Thursday at 6pm. This was the main reason I drove down to Alcoy. You may have read people questioning the character of the Outlaws membership, but I can tell you these guys are stand up men who are not out causing problems. They are all Germans, with a very small membership of 4 full members.Overall, I really love the area and am now considering moving down south to get out of the city, which now feels dirtier to me. I think I would love it, and can still just hop on my bike to get into the city when I want to. I guess I'd have to buy a car or multi-cab if I was really going to live there for any length of time, but who knows. The big aircon buses all go down that far, so that could be an option too.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Well, I took a drive on my motorcycle from Cebu City down to Alcoy, which took me about 2.5 hours including a small stop to rest. After passing Car-Car, the ride was a step up in enjoyment, where the air is cleaner and the traffic isnt as aggressive. I hadn't gone that far south before, so it was nice to see how the road goes right up to the side of the ocean in places. I stayed at Bodo's Beach Bar, which has a fantastic ocean view, where you can see Bohol. I didnt realize it was that close to Cebu. Bodo's doesnt have a beach, but they do have a small pool. I wouldnt classify it as a beach resort, but there are small beaches in the area you could go to. I had read elsewhere about their prices, but they seem to have gone up. They are now charging 1300+ pesos per night for a room without aircon and 1650+ pesos per night with aircon. That did seem a little expensive given there is no beach on their property, but as I said the views from their restaurant are fantastic.I wound up heading over to the Outlaws MC club house, which is open every Thursday at 6pm. This was the main reason I drove down to Alcoy. You may have read people questioning the character of the Outlaws membership, but I can tell you these guys are stand up men who are not out causing problems. They are all Germans, with a very small membership of 4 full members.Overall, I really love the area and am now considering moving down south to get out of the city, which now feels dirtier to me. I think I would love it, and can still just hop on my bike to get into the city when I want to. I guess I'd have to buy a car or multi-cab if I was really going to live there for any length of time, but who knows. The big aircon buses all go down that far, so that could be an option too.
Sounds like a nice part of Cebu. I guess if you are thinking of moving then the first thing to consider since you work online is the internet connection.Anyone live in that area?

MattFromGA
Posted
Posted

They do have internet there (the hotel had a pc with internet connection for guests), I just dont know what the options are. Could be just smart bro. I could get by with smart bro if I got two, as I have a router than can take two internet connections and blend them together. It doesnt help with a single file download, but surfing the web or other activities that use multiple connections will benefit from it and see a near two fold in performance.