P200,000 Worth Of Computers From Net Caf

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I have never heard of them hitting an Internet café before, so I wonder if this happens often? CEBU, Philippines - An internet café, which is set to open next week, was robbed of its newly-installed computer devices estimated to be worth P200,000 by unidentified persons. The owner, Christine Silva, 35, of Decca Homes in Minglanilla, yesterday reported the breaking in of her internet café to the Mambaling police station. The full story here

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I have never heard of them hitting an Internet caf

TheMason
Posted
Posted

Cafes are always getting hit here. If not for the computers, for the cash on hand. I would not open a cafe here unless it was situated on the same property as my residence.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

there is a lot of crime with stores regardless if its computers or food.. Most of the market area in Minglanilla town proper has stuff stolen over night due to poor security and lack of any guards. So a lock up store doesnt surprise me at all. Your right Mason having it attached to a private residence is the only way things are secure here and even then can come down to exchanging a few rounds..

softail
Posted
Posted

I thought it was interesting that the owner did'nt know how many computers were stolen. Seems to me that they would know where they were at in getting there business set up. Seemed to know how much they were worth but not how many were taken. I have a feeling that this business would'nt have lasted long anyway, dosn't sound like a motivated on top of things type of owner.Doug and Sally

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
I thought it was interesting that the owner did'nt know how many computers were stolen. Seems to me that they would know where they were at in getting there business set up. Seemed to know how much they were worth but not how many were taken. I have a feeling that this business would'nt have lasted long anyway, dosn't sound like a motivated on top of things type of owner.Doug and Sally
Its difficult to say but most good locations are never quiet in Minglanilla as there is always someone about. Even with our netcafe we have people sleeping opposite and playing mahjong until early hours of the morning. Not knowing how many PC's they own may seem a bit odd but I have seen a lot of other people with similar mentality they want the revenue but not the work involved in getting it. Maybe they bought it all wholesale from another cafe who knows.. either way its gone. The LBC in Minglanilla had an armed robbery last year which is not far from the main town so even thinking being a bigger store makes a difference it doesn't less your in a mall..