One Less Taxi On The Road

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Crooked cabbie mistakes LTO chief for `promdi' passengerBy Perseus EcheminadaSunday, November 9, 2008After mistaking the Land Transportation Office (LTO) chief for apromdi passenger and charging him P700 for a ride to Quezon City, ataxi driver at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) foundhimself in detention, without a license and his cab impounded.The erring driver made the serious mistake of refusing to flag downthe cab meter for his passenger, whom he did not realize was LTO headAlberto Suansing."The driver, who mistook me for a promdi (Filipino slang forsomeone `from the province'), refused to flag down his meter and toldme that I have to pay P700 as fixed fare," Suansing told The STAR."I just ignored him and told him to proceed to Quezon City," he said.Suansing said he took the airport taxi to verify reports of driversripping off passengers, especially from the provinces.On the road, the driver kept asking him for the specific destinationbut Suansing merely told him to keep driving to East Avenue.East Avenue is where the LTO head office is located. Sensingsomething was amiss, the driver asked Suansing who he was andinsisted on knowing where they were going.Upon reaching East Avenue, Suansing instructed him to enter the LTOcompound. The now panic-stricken driver asked him again,"Sino ka ba?Bakit sa LTO tayo papasok? (Who are you? Why are we going into theLTO?)"Suansing then told the bewildered driver: "I am the chief of the LTO.I am arresting you for taking advantage of a passenger."Suansing said he has confiscated the license of the erring driver andalso impounded the taxicab.http://www.philstar.com/index.php?

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

:36_1_50[1]: :36_6_3[1]: Too bad they waited 20 years to get one. But that's a start. Will there be more? :signnvm:

Mik
Posted
Posted

I would like to see them get the ones with the overclocked meters.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

When they start that set fee BS I just tell them I will only pay what the meter shows they usually put it on pretty quick if they don't I just pay what the meter says if it's 0 that's not my fault.