Gravy And Biscuits

cebuexpat
Posted
Posted

I am not sure if this has been answered before, being newer here... But does anyone know where I can get, or who can make gravy and biscuits.I have found it very hard to find biscuits here. I mean the good fluffy, soft, old fashion biscuits like grandma used to make. I thought that KFC would have, but they do not...Also the gravy, good old brown, thick sausauge gravy... Does anyone know where or how to find this.. Or get the ingredients to make it...???????

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I am not sure if this has been answered before, being newer here... But does anyone know where I can get, or who can make gravy and biscuits.I have found it very hard to find biscuits here. I mean the good fluffy, soft, old fashion biscuits like grandma used to make. I thought that KFC would have, but they do not...Also the gravy, good old brown, thick sausauge gravy... Does anyone know where or how to find this.. Or get the ingredients to make it...???????
I'm sure they have some packet gravy in the supermarket as I remember buying some,this was the trip before last.Anyway gravy can be made by using the pan which you cooked the sausages in,water,stock cube, corn flower,salt pepper or what ever you wish to add,maybe onion. That concludes today's cooking tip. :728:

retired
Posted
Posted
KFC does have a gravy i have found to be adequate . As for biscuits , most Filipinos would think you were talking about a pack of snack crackers . :-)

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

When I saw your post about "Biscuits and Gravy', it reminded me of my younger days when early in the morning to go fishing, my brother and I would stop by a trucker's stop and have some flaky biscuits and gravy, 2 eggs over easy, with a side order of breakfast sausages or crisp bacon and a good cup of strong brewed coffee, with cream & white granulated sugar! Maybe if I can find some biscuit dough in the frozen section of any mall, I may be able to make myself some biscuits and gravy! I think Mc Donalds has the best tasting gravy around! I don't care for the taste of their gravy in Jollibee, has a weird taste or KFC, too much salt and grounded pepper! 7_4_17[1].gif

cebuexpat
Posted
Posted
When I saw your post about "Biscuits and Gravy', it reminded me of my younger days when early in the morning to go fishing, my brother and I would stop by a trucker's stop and have some flaky biscuits and gravy, 2 eggs over easy, with a side order of breakfast sausages or crisp bacon and a good cup of strong brewed coffee, with cream & white granulated sugar! Maybe if I can find some biscuit dough in the frozen section of any mall, I may be able to make myself some biscuits and gravy! I think Mc Donalds has the best tasting gravy around! I don't care for the taste of their gravy in Jollibee, has a weird taste or KFC, too much salt and grounded pepper! 7_4_17[1].gif
Yes I remember those days also. Miss that, if you find any frozen biscuits please let me know where. I can remember before leaving the states they had come up with some really good frozen biscuits that were almost as good as the home made ones. But I have not seen any here in PI. If you see some please let me know....

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

In my younger days, in the Air Force Military Basic Training in Nov of 1967 in Amarillo, Texas, I had my first taste of "S.O.S." (aka sh&t on a Shingle) also known as creamed chipped beef on toast, with two eggs over easy and 3 breakfast sausages on the side, military chow hall coffee was nasty in those days, so I just settled for fresh squeezed orange juice! I truly miss S.O.S., biscuits and gravy! SugarwareZ-005.gifSugarwareZ-003.gif23_11_60[2].gif7_4_17[1].gif