Foreigners Warned Not To Snub Bi Summonses

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I love this, owns a club, working on a tourist visa, Guard dismissed without any reason, he did not go to work but informed his employer, of course it does not say when or how he informed him or if he gave him any notice. So is the Briton being deported for working without a visa, or for firing a security guard who filed a complaint against him, or for failure to report to the BI when summoned, or just because they say they summoned him but never actually did?

cebuexpat
Posted
Posted

He cant be the owner of a nightclub, Foreigners can not own a business or get any business licenses in their name... SugarwareZ-004.gif Get a 13 a and your not a tourist anymore. th_thbarbaque.gif NEVER, NEVER snub the Immigration Office. SugarwareZ-024.gif Always keep records, signed papers, and complete documents for PINOY employees. Dont give any chances, breaks to anyone. Even if they is no punishment for the mistake they made. Make them sign a paper they was talked to and brought to their attention the failure of what they done. This is a warning...

TheMason
Posted
Posted (edited)

He was working here on a tourist visa and ignored summons from BI. As a result, one more foreigner with no regard for the law in the Philippines is tossed out on his ass. Good riddance. They can't get rid of them fast enough for me.

Edited by TheMason

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Thing is like most stories (and most of them are stories by the news media here) they lack all the information... where is the proof he was operating as a manager?? or owner?? is it all based on hearsay? Not jumping to his defence but at the end of the day he's left himself open to being deported but generally i find news stories lack the full story.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted
Thing is like most stories (and most of them are stories by the news media here) they lack all the information... where is the proof he was operating as a manager?? or owner?? is it all based on hearsay? Not jumping to his defence but at the end of the day he's left himself open to being deported but generally i find news stories lack the full story.
I always find news stories lacking in the details as well. Many do take advantage of the "Tourist VISA". I was asked by my wife's former employer in Hong Kong to take a look at a computer network and give my opinion. She offered to pay me but I was concerned about being there on a tourist visa. So I would have the same reservations (Actually more cautious) about working in The Philippines without the proper VISA.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

If doing anything its better to work in the shadows.. but if married to a Filipina a lot of these rules change anyway but also should the visa.. Ive gone 13(a) not because of being worried about hassles with immigration for deportation but the general hassles of just not wanting to go there every couple of months. Funny enough though will be there tomorrow as im taking someone else to sort their visa so still havent escaped that grasp!! haha