Defective Land Titles

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I have some questions, do they do a real survey of land in the Philippines? and if so what do they use to identify the boundaries on the deed? In the US they put in metal pipes at the boundaries, so what do they do here?How would one know where there property line ends and their neighbors begins, or if they even own the lot they think they own? Someone could show you one lot and you buy it and then you find out that you actually own a different lot which is not as good as the one you looked at.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

The Naga lot you have to look into a bit more closely the people that passed it for buying and the people that sold it are very well connected with each other and isn't a case of simply false paperwork but more to do with illegal government transactions between politicians. From what I believe the big issue with a lot of these problems is that they are generally part of larger plots. E.g. a 3 hectare site may have 40-50 sub lots which have yet to be sub-divided because they don't have the budget to do it. You would need to get everyone to agree to do it or end up footing the bill as it would require mapping out at which I believe the local city engineers office would be involved. So generally they just pay the taxes and are left alone by the government.I also don't think its in politicians favour to clean up a lot of the land ownership laws as they can manipulate things to suit themselves..