What Kind Of Used Car To Buy Here

Travis
Posted
Posted

i have been thinking about buying a used car or small truck & i wonder what might be a dependable vehicle to buy?

easy44
Posted
Posted

Buy a multicab, if you're not too big to fit. Cheap, dependable, parts and service readily available. Great value for the money, but just not built for larger people.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Suzuki multicab (12-valve)..

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Slightly used Toyota Innovas, Ford Escapades, Honda CRVs, Isuzu Crosswinds and similar SUVs are affordable, dependable and practical for the road conditions in the Philippines! They all have a higher ground clearance good during the rain season where a lot of places are susceptible to flooding with knee high waters. Smaller vehicles that sits low to the ground just won't do during the rain season and flooding in the Philippines! Buyers beware! There's a lot of small vehicles now on the market that came from flooded areas just rusting away in places where you won't notice. In just a few months or years, the rust will start eating through every part of the under chassis and just fall apart eventually, let alone root the entire interior body panels and upholstery from mildew!

Edited by Pinoy Art

Travis
Posted
Posted

thank you for the replies & maybe some others have some more ideas?

• 9 months later...
Search
Posted
Posted
Suzuki multicab (12-valve).
I am also looking for transportation. About how much would a Suzuki multicab run? I know someone who is selling an old KIA Avela. I was thinking a multicab might be more versatile.

Jake
Posted
Posted
i have been thinking about buying a used car or small truck & i wonder what might be a dependable vehicle to buy?
As Art suggested, a vehicle with higher clearance is the only way to go. Previously, I had an extended Jeep Wranglerassembled in Mania for about 7,000 US dollars. Next time, I may consider having a scaled down Hummer with onlya big block 4 banger to keep the gas mileage more reasonable. Some assemblers there around Manila just need apicture/drawing and they will fabricate it for you plus customization. Maybe a 50 cal mount on top......he, he.Jake