Would You Put A Lollypop Off The Floor Into Your Mouth?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Of course not, that is unless you a a child who does not know any better. So why is it that some of us will think nothing of trusting some people that they really do not know, with instruments such as the tools a manicurist might use to do a manicure on you. Is it too far a reach that those instruments might not be sterilized. I feel that any of us who live part time or full time in a third world country may take too many things for granted and for that matter, many of us even take things for granted back in our countries of origin. I am sorry but even while in the US, I do not let a barber use a razor on me and instead let my wife shave me with a new disposable shaver before I even go in for a haircut. There are new flesh eating bacterias that have no known cures, so while we should not live in a closet, should we not take every possible precaution that we can or should we just throw all caution to the wind. Sorry but I opt to be extra cautious and I hope others will at least consider doing the same or go full steam ahead knowing the possible consequences.

TheMason
Posted
Posted

It really depends on what flavor the lollypop is. A grape one, no way. But a chocolate Tootsie pop? Oh yeah, I'd pick that up, dust it off and put it back in my mouth. Of course, it also depends on what floor it hits. If it hits the floor in my living room, I'm picking it up. If it hits the floor in a public men's room, I wont. People have been eating food off the floor ever since there were floors. Before that, they ate it off the ground. Somehow, the human race has survived.As for razors and manicurist tools giving me a flesh-eating bacteria, to me, that's just crazy. Sure it could happen, but on the scale of how risky the behavior is, getting a manicure or shave is really low on my list. I'm more likely to get run down by a jeepney crossing the street or break a leg falling into a hole on the sidewalk, but I'm a daredevil and throw caution to the wind and walk the streets anyway. The only extra precaution I take here is that I wash my hands more often than I used to. Other than that, I don't worry about things too much.

cebuexpat
Posted
Posted

Very good post.... Well to give a honest answer, I would have said no ,,8 years ago when I first moved here. Matter of fact, i was a big teacher to my children in the states not to eat things droped on the floor. Wash their hands before they eat, and things like that. But honestly I can say, since living here and seeing most of the lifestyle of the Pinoy, I have changed somewhat. I could see myself picking up a lollypop off the floor and wiping it off and putting in my mouth. I probally would not do it on the streets, but on my own floor, I probally would.I quess after watching and seeing things that you just know was going to kill someone if they done it, time after time, you kindly get used to it... Some of the things i have seen Pinoy's eat, well i just knowed they would die tommorrow. But they keep going. Some of the way they do things, wash, eat, hygene, it just kindly gets in your mind. They are living, and do it daily, so cant be that bad. I know their systems are different than foreigners, but all in all, I think its just gets to be normal for us, even we dont realize it.....Sometimes i think about going back to the states, and some of the habits i would take with me. I would probally get a lot of remarks.... I can tell you some of the things that have changed for me:* Acceptance of Ants and Gecko's in the house. When i first seen a Gecko, and the ants, i was in battle mode. Trying to kill them all and get them out.. Now I just lay and watch them. Try to herd the ants away from food, but except that, i just watch and give up.. I am used to it now... no big deal...* Trash in the back yard. Well in the states the neighbors would call the law. Trash bins, trash cans, I was always trying to keep it picked up and put in bags. Now dont bother me to see it. Its just natural. They will burn it one day... Its just part of the landscape now... I can walk by it and not say " Oh my God look at how nasty." i just step over or through it on the sidewalks and keep going..... * Eating with your hands. - Yep i even catch myself doing that sometimes.....* Drinking out of same cup when passing the redhorse.. - love it now.... would have never done it before......* Picking from others plates. Well in my house if you had eat off it, or some of it.. That was it.... before, I am still funny if its had a bite out of it, But if its on their plate and not eaten, or not finished, and they rake it over to mine. I will eat it......Not to make the post so long, its a lot of things, taking bath with water bucket, flushing with a bucket, having to wash your ass and not wipe it ( sometimes in emergency sisuations) many others.Yes we all should still use caution. They are alot of nasty places and things out here in The Philippines. Some things i can never see myself doing as the locals do. But to say I have not picked up on some of the habits would be a lie... I think it comes so natural to us seeing others do it daily, you start doing it without notice.... Not all things but some.......

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Of course not, that is unless you a a child who does not know any better. So why is it that some of us will think nothing of trusting some people that they really do not know, with instruments such as the tools a manicurist might use to do a manicure on you. Is it too far a reach that those instruments might not be sterilized. I feel that any of us who live part time or full time in a third world country may take too many things for granted and for that matter, many of us even take things for granted back in our countries of origin. I am sorry but even while in the US, I do not let a barber use a razor on me and instead let my wife shave me with a new disposable shaver before I even go in for a haircut. There are new flesh eating bacterias that have no known cures, so while we should not live in a closet, should we not take every possible precaution that we can or should we just throw all caution to the wind. Sorry but I opt to be extra cautious and I hope others will at least consider doing the same or go full steam ahead knowing the possible consequences.
Sometimes I think people are paranoid,the only real risk from the barbers razor is blood,if not cleaned and that razor has blood which also cuts you then who knows, could be someones blood with the AIDs virus but still its a small possibility.Best bet it to make sure its at least washed in hot water. The many other things we encounter daily is an up hill battle,we wash our hands in the public toilet at the airport but the tap which we turn off has been handled by everyone first after wiping their bum so why did we wash our hands?Think about it,you do your thing in the shitter,you turn on the tap with your contaminated hands,you wash and turn the contaminated tap off then go to the door and pull on the contaminated handle.The problem is today we don't have an immune system because everything is sterilized or we are full of antibiotics. SugarwareZ-035.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Sometimes I think people are paranoid,the only real risk from the barbers razor is blood,if not cleaned and that razor has blood which also cuts you then who knows, could be someones blood with the AIDs virus but still its a small possibility.Best bet it to make sure its at least washed in hot water. The many other things we encounter daily is an up hill battle,we wash our hands in the public toilet at the airport but the tap which we turn off has been handled by everyone first after wiping their bum so why did we wash our hands?Think about it,you do your thing in the sh&tter,you turn on the tap with your contaminated hands,you wash and turn the contaminated tap off then go to the door and pull on the contaminated handle.The problem is today we don't have an immune system because everything is sterilized or we are full of antibiotics. SugarwareZ-035.gif
First of all, I am not talking just about AIDS, there is also all the different Hepatitis to protect against and flesh eating bacteria and other bacteria's that would be transmitted from blood even if the tool was washed off.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Sometimes I think people are paranoid,the only real risk from the barbers razor is blood,if not cleaned and that razor has blood which also cuts you then who knows, could be someones blood with the AIDs virus but still its a small possibility.Best bet it to make sure its at least washed in hot water. The many other things we encounter daily is an up hill battle,we wash our hands in the public toilet at the airport but the tap which we turn off has been handled by everyone first after wiping their bum so why did we wash our hands?Think about it,you do your thing in the shitter,you turn on the tap with your contaminated hands,you wash and turn the contaminated tap off then go to the door and pull on the contaminated handle.The problem is today we don't have an immune system because everything is sterilized or we are full of antibiotics. SugarwareZ-035.gif
First of all, I am not talking just about AIDS, there is also all the different Hepatitis to protect against and flesh eating bacteria and other bacteria's that would be transmitted from blood even if the tool was washed off. http://www.encyclope...P2-1035888.html The viruses that cause AIDS and hepatitis B can survive within dental tools that are washed with disinfectant but not heat-sterilized, posing a potential risk of disease transmission, a new study says. Next, I always use a napkin or paper towel to turn on and off faucets, otherwise it is a waste of time to wash ones hands. My wife also carries those alcohol bottles to clean our hands before and often after a meal. There is an old saying, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and it applies to any place where a person could become infected from blood born pathogens and that includes manicurist and barbers in all countries, not just in the Philippines. Heck some guys have unprotected sex with prostitutes because it feels better for them, and some idiots who know they have AIDS do the same thing because they want to spread it around for their own stupid reasons. The suggestions I have made are just that, suggestions, and no one has to follow them and we all take risks in life but some cautions can be a wise way to prevent some diseases and sometimes people do things because they do not know about the risks, now they know because I told them, and now they can still do them with the knowledge they may be taking a chance if they do not take precautions. I looked at my neighbors finger the other day and which had turned black and had green patches, so I told him to go to a doctor immediately but instead he listened to his gf and is taking antibiotics and he says the finger is getting better but to me, green probably means gangrene and I warned him that he could lose a finger and if it spreads, or a hand, an arm or it could even kill him but I cannot drag him to the doctor and I hope the antibiotics helps to stop whatever infection he has.
Is there any proof that the manicure caused his problem?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Sometimes I think people are paranoid,the only real risk from the barbers razor is blood,if not cleaned and that razor has blood which also cuts you then who knows, could be someones blood with the AIDs virus but still its a small possibility.Best bet it to make sure its at least washed in hot water. The many other things we encounter daily is an up hill battle,we wash our hands in the public toilet at the airport but the tap which we turn off has been handled by everyone first after wiping their bum so why did we wash our hands?Think about it,you do your thing in the sh&tter,you turn on the tap with your contaminated hands,you wash and turn the contaminated tap off then go to the door and pull on the contaminated handle.The problem is today we don't have an immune system because everything is sterilized or we are full of antibiotics. SugarwareZ-035.gif
First of all, I am not talking just about AIDS, there is also all the different Hepatitis to protect against and flesh eating bacteria and other bacteria's that would be transmitted from blood even if the tool was washed off. http://www.encyclope...P2-1035888.html

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

There are many articles on Manicure infections and some will even be about how it turned into the flesh eating bacteria. Bacterias are becoming more and more drug resistant in first world countries, due to the overuse of antibiotics and the use of antibiotics in some animal feeds. Below is some info to read about manicures. Do a search yourself and you might then wish to buy your own tools. :yes:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
First of all, I am not talking just about AIDS, there is also all the different Hepatitis to protect against and flesh eating bacteria and other bacteria's that would be transmitted from blood even if the tool was washed off. http://www.encyclope...P2-1035888.html The viruses that cause AIDS and hepatitis B can survive within dental tools that are washed with disinfectant but not heat-sterilized, posing a potential risk of disease transmission, a new study says. Next, I always use a napkin or paper towel to turn on and off faucets, otherwise it is a waste of time to wash ones hands. My wife also carries those alcohol bottles to clean our hands before and often after a meal. There is an old saying, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and it applies to any place where a person could become infected from blood born pathogens and that includes manicurist and barbers in all countries, not just in the Philippines. Heck some guys have unprotected sex with prostitutes because it feels better for them, and some idiots who know they have AIDS do the same thing because they want to spread it around for their own stupid reasons. The suggestions I have made are just that, suggestions, and no one has to follow them and we all take risks in life but some cautions can be a wise way to prevent some diseases and sometimes people do things because they do not know about the risks, now they know because I told them, and now they can still do them with the knowledge they may be taking a chance if they do not take precautions. I looked at my neighbors finger the other day and which had turned black and had green patches, so I told him to go to a doctor immediately but instead he listened to his gf and is taking antibiotics and he says the finger is getting better but to me, green probably means gangrene and I warned him that he could lose a finger and if it spreads, or a hand, an arm or it could even kill him but I cannot drag him to the doctor and I hope the antibiotics helps to stop whatever infection he has.
Is there any proof that the manicure caused his problem?
Yes, I saw the small black spot next to his polished nail, the same day where the manicurist pulled the skin out and cut the cuticle and then it manifested into an infection the next day when I saw him. I saw him today again and he will not take the bandage off to show me his finger and I looked at his finger above the bandage and it is not swollen or discolored but since I believe that infections can spread rapidly, it may be too late once it does. I called a doctor friend I have in the US and he said it could end up very bad and said the antibiotic he is taking may help but that he may need a stronger dose and that he should see a doctor right away. I informed my neighbor this morning and he said he would try a larger dosage but still refuses to go see a doctor. I hope the antibiotic works.
Well if I was him I would see the witch doctor but what plays on my mind is why has he got a polished nail? a pretty pink high gloss is my guess. :yes: