Midlife Crisis

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Has anyone ever felt they had a midlife crisis? I have, only a few weeks ago. It lasted all day. :36_1_50[1]: Midlife Crisis Is A Disease --- Only If You Let It beWe're always at a crossroads. Depending on where you're looking from,you're either x-years-old or x-years-young.If we have a so-called "mid-life" --- why are we flipping over it?Doesn't it denote that there's still half a life to live with? If youencounter midlife crisis in your late-30s or 40s, wouldn't thatsignify that you still have 30 or so more years to make up foreverything? "Life starts at 40," you've heard of it, right?There are three principal causes of midlife crisis: denial, blame andisolation. Midlife crisis becomes a disease Let's take a little lookat how this age-related disease could potentially damage the remaininghalf of a midlife crisis sufferer's life.Denial a.k.a. "No, I'm not *that* old yet!"What is often denied is often true. You weren't born yesterday ---literally. You've been through good times, tough times and you'restill alive, so why deny that? When a person is suffering midlifecrisis through denial, he/she might as well be suffering fromdelusion. Usually a person in denial utilizes various extravagantmeans to keep themselves feeling young --- this includes trying tore-live "glory days" --- binge drinking like in college, spendingthousands in cosmetic surgery, --- you get the picture. Denial is adisease in and of itself.Blame a.k.a. "It's all you're fault!"You're always older than the minute before. Everyone continues to age,whether they like it or not; So why place the blame on someone else?When you barrage your parents for getting you born in the 50's or 60'sor when you start berating your wife and kids because their hasslesadd up to your own personal stress, then you are indeed suffering acondition. Instead, why not own up to it? Take responsibility ---repeat this to yourself in front of the mirror "I'm old because I makemyself feel old. I could feel young by engaging in age-appropriateactivities that help me feel even more healthy or youthful."Isolation a.k.a. "Leave me alone / Kill me NAO!"Frequenting an area of the house by your lonesome for long periods oftime a day is self-destructive. Sitting out alone in the basement orgarage will make you crazy. Think about it --- prisoners dreadisolation; when you're all alone, you think --- when you think, youtend to rationalize negative scenarios about your present or future.In your midlife, you've probably made some friends, right? Plus,family's always there for you.There you have it. Don't let the symptoms get to you. You're betterthan that. Now go and LIVE the following half of your life!Source:http://healthylivingover40.blogspot.com/

wallyperrier
Posted
Posted

i'm always in crisisbut am i midlife now? or endlife???

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Yes, I went through that for a short time when I was in my late 40's and my eyesight started to get worse and the realization that I was going to need glasses was upon me, but I took it in the usual stride and not only did I get glasses to read with, but I got glasses that change and get darker when I go outside, so from then on, I just wore them most of the time and it has helping my eyes instead of being a negative, since I rarely wore sunglasses and surely should have when outside.The sexual part of midlife was taken care of when my last wife who went through hers and wanted a divorce and I became single and realized what a playground it was out there for a single guy and I think if I would have been able to move to the Philippines back then, I am not sure if I ever would have settled down with one lady because there are just so many beautiful and caring ladies, that I most surely would have had a hard time picking just one, so I am happy that it did not play out that way and that I met my wife and settled down, because she is everything in one and I really do not need to have anyone else then her. :) Midlife was easy for me because I have always been able to look forward to my coming years because I set up things that they would mean to me such as, I looked forward to the date that I could retire and then I looked forward to getting to 60 because I would get senior discounts at movies and restaurants and now that I have passed 60, I look forward to 62 when I will get my social security checks, and then I will look forward to 65 or so, when I will start getting my medicare medical coverage and then I will have to set up farther dates into the future because I cannot think farther than that right now, but having goals and objectives, has made me look forward to getting older and I can tell you all that golden years are really tarnished years, if you do not take care of yourself in your younger years and each day that I wake up and look in the mirror and know I am still here, is a great day. :D

• Like 1